- From the Homestuck wiki, the plot summaries for each episode of Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff are quite a delight to behold.
- Buying character shirts from the store would yield you some wise words from one, usually the character who wore them:
Tavros: uHH, dON'T gET iN tHE rECUPERACOON, wHILE wEARING tHIS, sO yOU wON'T hAVE tO, uHH, cHANGE,
Aradia: i'm 0k with this shirt. maybe y0u are t00. 0r n0t. i'm 0kay with either possibility
Terezi: TH1S SH1RT SM3LLS D3L1C1OUS, BUT DONT COUNT ON 1T TO M4SK TH3 PUTR1D ST3NCH OF YOUR D3C31T FROM TH3 PROS3CUT1ON, H3H3H3H3H3 >:]
John well... i guess you probably can't do the windy thing, bit that's ok! you can be my trusty sidekick. i'll handle all the windy stuff.
Vriska: Hahahaha. You think you have what it takes to wear this???????? Don't you know you have to 8e strong and 8rave to wear this and not 8e an em8arrassment to yourself????????
- From the album art for Frog Hunt: POOR DAVE!
- The Works of Evil: Andrew Hussie's Devil Worship is quite possibly the funniest article ever written about Homestuck.
- Go to the Betty Crocker Wikipedia page. Scroll down to 'in popular culture.' Suddenly realise how utterly absurd Homestuck truly is.
- Saved due to it constantly being removed:
A fictionalized version, of the Betty Crocker character, is a supporting character in the webcomic Homestuck, wherein she is sometimes referred to as the "Batter Witch". This portrayal is married to a fictionalized version of Mark Twain in the early 20th century. It is strongly implied that she's a malevolent, nigh-immortal alien from another universe, and is using her corporate empire to control the population, and to bring about the ruin of this universe.
- Saved due to it constantly being removed:
- FurAffinity has adiosToreador getting counter-trolled until he fled in terror, which is a sight to behold. The following pages contain roughly a third of the comments he left there, and though Hussie himself wasn't behind it they're still painfully funny. 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14
- Not long after Alternia was released, Andrew announced that another album was already in the works. What did it turn out to be? A Squiddles album!
- A fan on the forums by the name of Lotus wrote a 15 page research paper on the ship teasing between John and Rose. The panel immediately after this featured a lotus in the book Rose was reading, before proceeding to be a ridiculously ship teasing conversation.
- A link to the requisite doctoral thesis.
- If by "lotus" and "book" you mean the atom symbol on the back of her laptop, this is that next panel, but there was an incredibly shippy conversation a couple of days later.
- The reference to lotus is to the ring of Skaia shown here, a few panels before that, which was the immediately subsequent panel to the release of the paper. The conversation was continued immediately as well (as Andrew often updates with several panels at once).
- As if it wasn't funny enough, many updates after that paper was written Rose and Kanaya hook up in a committed relationship, singlehandedly destroying the entire paper's thesis.
- This poor guy's reaction to the absolute terror known as [s] Jade: Wake Up, in a schadenfreude sort of way.
- kyouger: stop
- An MSPA GIF site has appeared (hilariously) ripping off another comedy site.
- In the anticipation of the EOA5 Flash, Michael Bowman of the music team gives us a little preview...
- The End of Act 5 Flash was hosted on Newgrounds. Soon after it went up, the entire site crashed due to the sheer amount of traffic. Doubles as a Crowning Moment of Awesome.
Hussie's Twitter feed: well that didn't work
- To give an idea as to exactly what "soon" means in this context, using time codes on forum posts, people figured out that Newgrounds went down in about 3 minutes. From EoA5 posting to Newgrounds' demise. That's less than half of the length of the Flash itself.
- Cake ft. Jake. That is all. Saying anything else would ruin the surprise.
- One day on the Tumblr blog of Andrew Hussie, he allowed questions to be submitted for ten minutes. Knowing how big the fandom is, it had Gone Horribly Right.
- This fanmade comic turns the glut of character deaths into hilarity.
- Here's what The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy has to say about trolls.
- Dante Basco, actor of Rufio, is reading Homestuck. This is funny, or will be funny if and when he reaches Act 5.
Andrew Hussie: Guys, I don't want to alarm you, but it seems that Dante Basco, aka Rufio from Hook, is currently reading Homestuck.Andrew Hussie: Assuming he makes it that far. Do Hollywood superstars even have that kind of time??Andrew Hussie: I have to make sure I don't scare him off or anything. Do NOT fuck this up Hussie. Pull it together. There is a lot riding on this.
- Until then, we have Hussie fanboying over it on Twitter:
- Hell, Dante's liveblog alone is filled with crowning moments of funny as he reminds us all of precisely how confusing the first few acts are, which combined with the undoubtedly strange feeling of thousands of people egging you on and encouraging you leaves him hilarious nonplussed about the entire thing.
And yes, I saw the “Hello Dante”… I greeted him on twitter… I have to admit, that’s pretty dope. I wonder if he makes this first part so hard to get as an obstacle for those not worthy to get the story… a somewhat right (sic) of passage… maybe I’m just rambling and have no idea what I’m talking about… Back to reading.
- And now we wait. >:D
- And it FINALLY happens! And The Fandom Exploded.
- Bonus points because he was a little drunk at the time.
- Thanks to him "Azula" started reading it too! And before you ask of course she's voicing Vriska.
- Dante decided to do voice acting for Dave. Hilarity ensued.
- While we're looking at Tumblr, you should also check out What the Fuck is Homestuck, where one girl chronicles her reactions right throughout the entirety of the comic, only catching up early into Act 6. She loves using a copious amount of gifs from all sorts of sources, especially when she overexcited.
WtFiH: Correct! My star sign is Capricorn! However, Gamzee is- what- wait... oh, oh FUCK ME.
- It's especially funny from the perspective of one who's read the comic: right from meeting him, she hates Gamzee, which just makes her reaction to his freakout in Act 5 Act 2 a hilarious Foregone Conclusion.
- Not to mention her reaction to finding out her starsign is Capricorn, as well.
SIARH: [...] SagittariusSIARH: …waitSIARH: FUCK
- In a hilarious coincidence, the same thing happened in another reaction blog. In this case, the author is quite skeeved out by Equius and is asked what his sign is...
- Good lard... Jegus
- This video seems innocent enough to the casual viewer, but for any Homestuck fan...
- On a related note, this poster, merchandise for the book in that video. These are all over elementary schools in the US.
- Then, there's this book. At first glance, it seems like an innocent book for kids about how they can be happy in their daily lives. However, a Homestuck fan would find this not-so-innocent. To make things worse, there are similarly-titled books about "filling buckets" and "daily happiness" in the same title and/or book cover.
- This article about the Juggalos had someone comment in character as Gamzee (find it near the middle of the third page of comments). Then, Karkat showed up. Then Nepeta joined in on the commenting, followed by Kanaya.
- Andrew Hussie's personality in general; you may bear witness to his humour on formspring or other social networking sites.
- How did Hussie announce MSPA going adless? In true MSPA fashion of course.◊
- The DirkJake Chorus (Bad Horse Chorus Parody).
- Every conceivable ship is now officially canon. All the ships. All of them.
- As a joke for Homestuck's Kickstarter project, Hussie is giving out silly◊ rewards◊ for◊ high◊ dollar◊ amounts◊. The joke's on Hussie though - someone actually donated 10,000 dollars, enough to reach the first tier. No wait, make that two someones!
- Too bad they didn't reach the second tier - that means their fantrolls aren't guaranteed to survive for more than one panel.
- You can tell Hussie wasn't prepared for it because he closed that tier after those two reached it, even though before then there were 10 slots in it.
- And here they are! And as promised...
- John and Dave discussing curse words and why they're not a big deal, then replacing the swears with more sanitary language, culminating in John yelling "SEX YOU!" while flipping the bird.
- The crowner is when Bro shows up to admonish them for their "foul" language.
- Behold, the REAL reason Jadesprite was always crying.
- Ke$hastuck: When the MSPA website went down for a few days the fandom went a little more insane than usual and made a world where living (Ke$ha; Lady Gaga), dead (Kurt Cobain), and fictional (Vocaloid; Gorillaz) musicians replaced the kids. May have something do do with Ke$ha's latest single being called "Die Young" and her acting like a Lady Drunk like Roxy. Post-Trickster Mode bonus: Her newest single C'mon mentions lollypops.
- "Raging Bull", in which Tavros celebrates his new found ability to walk and assert himself...by terrorizing all of the other Trolls. It's all a mix of hilarious and awesome but Terezi's line at the end is what really sells it.
- I never expected my first sighting of Homestuck outside of the internet or convention photos would be in Slylock Fox in the Sunday Funnies◊. Then again fanart◊ has been submitted before◊ (okay, the last one's official art from a comic, but the author's not the one who submitted it). Congratulations Terezi! And thanks Chloe, age 15.
- Likewise, my second sighting was in the 4/12/13 issue of Entertainment Weekly's back page: a godtier Aradia cosplayer representing "Everything you missed at Wondercon" on the very edge of the Bulls-eye — still cooler than "Kim Kardashian's cameo in Tyler Perry's Temptation, which was just barely off the board.
- Accurate representation of any fan's reaction to Homestuck
- The coloring for the funny pages here now feels reminiscent of Trickster Mode.
- Similar to the book listed above, we have this commercial. It helps that it sounds sexual even if you don't read Homestuck.
- John and Dave Play Sburb. Manages to integrate audio clips from Two Best Friends Play into Homestuck events beautifully.
- No. You go home and REVALUATE YOUR FUCKING LIFE! YOU BOUGHT A SMART CAR! Karkat's expression is what really sells it.
- This Trollmegle conversation. A roleplayer of an obnoxious fanmade lovechild of John and Karkat has a run-in with an absolutely flawless Dave roleplayer. The results must be seen to be believed. Seriously, is this a roleplayer or the actual Dave Strider? Also to be found on the Crowning Moment of Awesome page.
- Dave: what if im gayDave: what if im into sheep
- Snoop Dogg himself uploaded this fanart onto his facebook, he referred to the fan art as "Snoop Homestuck".
- Karkat knew Jack was trouble when he walked in.
- Some of the... rather odd things the fandom got up to during the hiatus.
- This tweet by none other than Betty Crocker. It might just be an intern running the account, it might be a clever marketing ploy, but the point remains: Homestuck is now read by Rufio, Grey Delisle and Betty Crocker. Homestuck truly is taking over the world.
- Andrew Hussie's new project. Namco High is a Dating Sim involving a multitude of Namco Bandai characters in a High School A.U.. The concept is so absurd, it'll make your sides split just by reading a summary.
- Karkat mourning on a cliff. While that description could make for a Tear Jerker, what he's saying however...
- Operation Dirk, a cosplay skit from När Con 2013 (Norwegian, but with English subtitles), where the Alpha kids are trying to find where Dirk has gone... and all the while Jake is trying to star in a musical.
- Oh lord. This Gigapause is not going to end well◊, if this is day 1.
- This parp chat between Feferi and Eridan.
- Fandomstuck. It's basically personified fandoms interacting with each other. And it's glorious.
- How it the Sufferer's final sermon actually happened.
- This MSPARP log. There's something inherently funny about Darkleer talking to a grub!Kurloz.
- "Let's Read Homestuck" has for the most part done a superb job of translating the webcomic into a video format, but they finally ran into something during the [o]ntermission they couldn't work around. So they ad-libbed:
Doc Scratch: To be less precise, 8^y. Which, if you were to type it out, would form a facsimile of the Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff sign. I told you bro. I told you about those sight gags that don't translate to video.
- Doc Scratch did it again with his "supply of forward arrows", saying that he is an excellent host "even if you are watching Homestuck in a video format on Youtube and have no idea what I am talking about".
- It seems that LRH's Doc Scratch is an veritable master of comedy, since even after he dies he manages to be hilarious; in the Alpha session, GCAT meows in the good Doctor's voice! You could say that GCAT is a Cat Scratch.
- The announcement of the Dancestor voice actors was done by the trolls, in character, lead by Karkat himself. This naturally lead to some great lines.
- In early July 2014, 4chan raided Tumblr, as 4chan is wont to do. They flooded some of the most popular tags (#frozen, #feminism, etc) with gore and weird porn. Then... they tried the same thing with the Homestuck fandom only to find that Homestuck has◊ so much gore and weird porn already◊ that they were thrown for a complete loop.◊
miktheflier: We did it guys. Homestuck is so weird that even 4chan doesn't know how to weird out the Homestucks.
- While this is mostly just a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming, it has funny moments. For example:
Paper: My dad is smart because:Karkat: He's *MY* dad!
- All of this. Between John learning that Trolls of both genders get periods and that Karkat is always on his, Vriska's disturbed reaction to Karkat suddenly being nice to her, Tavros acting as a very uninterested sounding narrator, Karkat and Sollux's Shotgun Wedding, the way Karkat pronounces "baby"...
- All the extremely bizarre videos made by this guy. Random Events Plots abound, characters get killed off and brought back randomly, AR is the president for some reason, John is an Eldritch Abomination, Equius cheats on Nepeta with a horse, Karkat is a butterfly, Aradia and Eridan want to be Pooh Bear when they grow up, etc., etc.
- In one episode, Karkat's hive catches fire and his first concern is that his movies will burn. What really makes this one funny is that such a reaction might not be entirely out of character for Karkat.
- Most if not all of this cosplay skit of Terezi, Dave and Rose holding a Kangaroo Court against Eridan, Kanaya, Vriska and Gamzee. Between Terezi's unconventional lawyering skills, Vriska gushing over Kanaya's beating of her and Gamzee and killing of Eridan, Terezi telling the Joker Jury to declare Vriska either guilty or guilty, the revelation that it was all just an elaborate FLARPing session and nobody's actually going to be hanged, it's a laugh riot all over.
- Despite the server upgrades that took place during the inactivity, the fandom managed to accidentally DDOS the site within five minutes of the first post-gigapause update, a feat that manages to reach on par with the Cascade debacle and possibly surpass it.
- Hussie actually wrote an Amazon review for Caliborn's "How to Draw Manga" book...In character as Caliborn. Naturally, the fandom noticed and made it the highest rated review. Bonus points for putting the review up way before the gigapause ended and Caliborn's attempts at drawing manga were revealed.
- Rhinos! We've been shipping rhinos!
- As a result of funny coincidence (since post gigapause upd8s have a years worth of time from its creation to present), Vriska and Meenah's handholding update came right after the Korra finale which mostly confirmed Korrasami. People drawing parallels to it caused Hussie to respond on his twitter.
Andrew Hussie: " homestuck will eventually reach a gay singularity. mark it down. it will make korra look like republican propaganda."
- Andrew announces the start of a new pause on 1/19/15, and then goes on to say that he's not sure what to call it, and makes several suggestions.
So what do we call this pause? I've been batting ideas around all day. We could go with the obvious choice, the MINIGIGAPAUSE. Or maybe, MEGAPAUSE 2: BACK IN THE MEGASADDLE. Or if that makes too much sense, we could always settle on the MICROTERAPAUSE. As you can see, there are so many incredibly intelligent and meaningful things we could call this pause.
> Go back