- After Godzilla manages to evade the first trap set for him.
O'Neal: I can't believe it, uh... he did all of this and... we did nothing to him.Nick: Ah, that's not true. We fed him.
- The pair is of course standing in what used to be the largest pile of fish ever put in one place.
- Also, Animal and Philippe are great deadpan snarkers.
Animal: Ah...What do we do now?Philippe: Running would be a good idea.
- Yes, you can tell Philippe thinks very highly of his job.
Philippe: I am Philippe Roaché, DGSE - Direction Générale de la Sécurité Extérieure, blah blah blah...Nick: Sounds big.
- The Baby Godzilla's, and the popcorn!
- When Colonel Hicks angrily berates the Apache pilots that they told him they had a lock-on on Godzilla but instead missed and destroyed the Chrysler Building, his radioman responds in the same tone of voice.
- When Animal is about to sneak out of his own apartment.
Audrey: (looks at him weird) What are you doing?Animal: Can't let Lucy know. She'll hurt me.
Lucy: (cheers along with the others, then sees Animal on the TV) That's my husband! That's my husband! Oh, my... I'm gonna kill him! (goes back to whooping and cheering)
- Later we find out that's exactly what she plans to do to him.
- The climax of Godzilla's pursuit of the Apaches. The pilot relievedly says "I think I lost him." Cue Godzilla rising up from beneath and chomping the copter to bits.
Pilot: I think I lost him.Godzilla: THINK AGAIN, MOTHERFUCKER!
- A YouTube comment made this better:
- Nick's Oh, Crap! moment (delivered beautifully by Matthew Broderick) when Godzilla finds his babies dead, and realizes he and his friends are responsible.
Nick Tatopoulous (in obvious Bring My Brown Pants mode): He looks angry...
- Audrey's reaction when Nick comes to the conclusion that Godzilla produces asexually:
Audrey: Where's the fun in that?