- Every twist, every alteration, every mockery, every shredded remains of The Fourth Wall, every subversion of cartoon film-making that this short deploys. The humor in this short is Meta before people even understood what Meta was.
- "This is a close-up?!! (beat) A CLOSE-UP, YA JERK! A CLOSE-UP!" Camera zooms WAY up to his bloodshot eyes.
- In one version of the italian dubbing, Daffy calls the first 'close-up' 'a dead man's portrait', referring to the italian tradition of putting a photo of the deceased on their grave.
- "Sound, please!"
- When the animator obliges, Daffy strums a chord on the guitar, resulting in machine-gun fire.
- "Now how about some color, stupid?!"
- "NOT ME, YOU SLOP ARTIST!!!"
- Daffy's expression the first time he tries to speak when the sound is being messed with (when he opens his mouth but we hear a rooster crow.)
- And then Daffy getting angry with his eyes turning red before he screams and jumps around, before yelling, "AND I'VE NEVER BEEN SO HUMILIATED IN ALL MY LIFE!"
- And when the animator turns out to be Bugs Bunny. This revelation is the absolute cherry on the cake.
Bugs Bunny: (snickers) Ain't I a stinker?
- "YOU KNOW BETTER THAN THAT!"
- Halfway through the short we get this sequence, it's his primal rage and screaming which makes it one of the most hilarious uses of the Big "NO!" ever:
Daffy: *exhausted* ...let's get this picture started!...*The End card cues up*Daffy: *pushing the card off screen* NOOO! NOOOOOOOO!!!
- Daffy's Breathless Non Sequitur as the background changes from a farm to the arctic.
(to the tune of "Old McDonald") "Da-ffy Duck, he had a farm/E-I-Ay-I-O/And on that farm he has an igloo/E...I...A...I....duh..."