Dick Tracy (the movie)
- "Wait a minute! I'm having a thought. Oh, yes. Oh, yes. I'm gonna have a thought. It's coming... It's gone!"
- Tracy's deadpan snarkery throughout.
Tracy (completely deadpan): Take the bad men away. They scare me.
- Pacino in Large Ham mode start to finish.
- Tracy's musings of what The Blank is ("Is the enemy of my enemy my friend...") that eventually confuses his partners.
- Seemingly every conversation Breathless has with Tracy is designed to seduce him. A particularly amusing set of lines:
Tracy: No grief for Lips?Breathless: I'm wearing black underwear.Tracy: You know, it's legal for me to take you downtown and sweat it out of you under the lights.Breathless: I sweat a lot better in the dark.
- One of the gangsters at the meeting decides he's not going to accept Big Boy's authority over him, and walks out. The moment he steps into his car, it explodes, and most everyone in the room jumps to their feet in surprise and alarm— except for...
Big Boy [deadpan]: Very upsetting.
- "HEADS UP COPPER! We gotta talk! I did not kidnap this woman!"
- "When do we eat?"
- Another Tracy/Breathless exchange:
Breathless: Thanks for calling. I was beginning to wonder what a girl had to do to get arrested.Tracy: Wearing that dress is a step in the right direction.
- And yet another:
Tracy (to whom he thinks is Tess): Ice cream? What flavor is it? (door opens, revealing Breathless.)Breathless: Peach flavor. Better eat it fast. It's starting to run.
- And yet another:
- "Thirty seconds, no more Dick! Thirty seconds, no more Dick!"
- Tracy is being questioned by an annoying reporter with a really big schnoz, and tells him, "You should shave off that ridiculous mustache".
- Just how fast Mumbles switches from incoherent rambling to understandable English is very amusing.
- Big Boy's epic Oh Crap! moment when he realizes the club has been bugged by the police.
Big Boy: (Whispering) We're being bugged....We're being bugged....We're being bugged....