Awesome: Dick Tracy
Dick Tracy (the comic strip)
- At the climax of the story of Dick Tracy facing his greatest enemy, Flattop Jones. Dick is surrounded by the hitman and his goons, about to be murdered. At a count of Flattop's three, Tracy makes an all or nothing lunge at the killer's pistol and begins a blazing fight scene that takes all of that week of comic strips where he outfights the goons, including grabbing their Tommy Gun and mowing them down even while his partner, Pat Patton, leads a police storming of the hideout. Surely, the supreme moment of the strip's history.
- In 2014, Dick Tracy solved the cliffhanger of the disappearance of Little Orphan Annie
- Pat Patton's moment was during the Blank story when he managed to capture the Blank, the strip's first really great grotesque villain, and then rescue Tracy from a decompression chamber the right way by depressurizing it slowly before opening the door.
- Tracy defeating the murderous Nazi spy The Brow with his bare hands, and ends up sending him plummeting to his death out a window and impaled on a flagpole flying the American flag.
- Tracy confronting Big Boy, his first real villain and the man who had Tess's father killed. Big Boy quickly turns out to be a Dirty Coward with no henchmen or guns to back him up, and Tracy beats the holy hell out of him.
Dick Tracy (the movie)
- Tracy rejects Big Boy's attempted bribe, hurling the bills back into the gangster's face.
Dick Tracy: And that you are guilty of attempting to bribe an officer of the law![Tracy throws the bills back in Big Boy's face; The Kid, watching from the window, makes a "yes!" motion with his hand.]
- Tracy knocks down a dozen men with a single punch.
- Tracy coolly executes Flattop as a massive explosion erupts behind him.
- Tracy up and owning the hobo that The Kid was living with for abusing him, all the way sporting great one-liners.