Funny: Dad's Army
- The best one in "The Deadly Attachment".
German Captain: Your name will also go on the list. What is it?Mainwaring: Don't tell him Pike!
- Unfortunately, due to the BBC repeating the clip at every possible occasion, this has actually stopped being funny to long-time fans. Which is a shame, because objectively it is a very funny line.
- Moments before, when the tense confrontation between Mainwaring and the U-boat Captain gets a bit... childish.
U-boat Captain: I am making notes, Captain. And your name will go on the list. And when we win the war, you will be brought to account.
Mainwaring: You can put whatever you like; you're not going to win this war.
U-boat Captain: Oh yes we are.
Mainwaring: Oh no you're not!
U-boat Captain: OH YES WE ARE!
- "And when we get back to Germany, you will be my prisoners. And then ... [smugly] we shall examine the list..."
- In the one where Mainwaring is marching the platoon along the watefront
Hodges: I wouldn't go too far that way Mr. Mainwaring there's a great big- (Mainwaring disapeares in a huge puddle)
- When actor James Beck was taken into hospital, Walker got a Written-In Absence, leaving a note in his place on patrol to explain that he has gone to conduct "business" in London. A Crowning Moment of Funny ensues as Mainwaring reads out Walker's cockney slang in perfectly deadpan tones.
- In the episode "Boots, Boots, Boots", a shoes clerk mistakes Wilson and Pike for father and son. Wilson denies it, whilst doing a face-rubbing sort of gesture, whilst behind him, Pike is (inadvertently) doing the exact same thing in synchronization!
- When on watch duty in the lighthouse Jones manages to accidentally set off the light. Back on shore Hodges has the biggest freak out in the series.
- In the first episode, Fraser tells Mainwaring that he works in a philatelists shop. Mainwaring asks him to spell that. Fraser replies, "S-H-O-P", which Mainwaring starts writing down before catching himself.
- The story of the old empty barn.