- This scene.
- Irv and Sanka's debate on his role on the team.
Sanka Coffie: You don't understand, I am Sanka Coffie, I am the best pushcart driver in all of Jamaica! ...I must drive! Do you dig where I'm coming from?Irv: Yeah, I dig where you're coming from.Sanka Coffie: Good.Irv: Now dig where I'm coming from. I'm coming from two gold medals. I'm coming from nine world records in both the two- and four-man events. I'm coming from ten years of intense competition with the best athletes in the world.Sanka Coffie: (Beat) That's a hell of a place to be coming from!Irv: Y'see, Sanka, the driver has to work harder than anyone. [continues talking to Sanka, but looks at Derrice] He's the first to show up, and the last to leave. When his buddies are all out drinking beer, he's up in his room studying pictures of turns. Y'see, a driver must remain focused 100% at all times. Not only is he responsible for knowing every inch of every course he races, he's also responsible for the lives of the other men in the sled. Now do you want that responsibility?Sanka: I say we make Derrice the driver.
- Just after the team's first sled hits the police officer's car, Irv comes running down the hill to tell the team that they beat their best time. So what does he say to the now very stunned police?
Irv: You did it! (sees the cops next to the team) Get out of my way.
- The reaction of the cops themselves when they discover the guys are really serious about being a bobsled team.
- And then after checking to make sure they and the sled were alright, he orders them back to the top of the hill to do it again.
- Sanka, just Sanka in general, from turning up at a hotel room door wearing a maid's hat and brandishing a feather duster. To happily joining in a couples style Rodeo Dance ("howdy patna"), and later a bar room brawl, to kissing his "lucky egg".
- Sanka freezing in the ice cream truck's freezer, having one of his 'locks snap from brittleness, Sanka rushing back inside the airport to get dressed for the cold weather, Sanka not getting the chance to relieve himself before their turn.... Oh yeah!
- The aforementioned rodeo dance scene is funny enough when Sanka can barely keep up with the woman he's attempting to dance with... Then they cut back to him later in the same scene, and suddenly his steps are perfectly in time and he and his dance partner have swapped hats.
- The entire sequence of our boys arriving in the freezing Canadian weather, in beachwear.
Derice: Sanka man, what's 'cha smokin'?Sanka: I'm not smokin', I'm breathin'!
- Not exactly beachwear - they are wearing jackets and sweatshirts. In other words, clothing for "Jamaica cold". Plenty fine for a winter in Kingston (average January low temperature being 73 degrees Fahrenheit), but not for the Canadian blizzard they walk into.
- Note that Irv is wearing basically the same thing, with only the addition of a wool coat. But having lived in the US and been a winter athlete for years, the only effect you see is him squinting because of the wind. His being fatter also gives him more cold tolerance than the four Jamaicans.
- Sanka immediately runs back inside the airport and puts on every item of clothing in his duffle bag. And then puts on the duffle bag itself.
- Fed-up with Josef Grool's taunts, Derice asks Irv what his problem is:
Irv: That's Josef Grool. He's one of the best drivers in the world.Yul: Yeah, and he's one of the biggest assholes in the world too.
- Irv getting ready to throw snowballs at the guys when they run past him. . .only to have them do exactly that to him.
- Yul threatening Sanka:
Yul: How 'bout I beat your butt right now?Sanka: How 'bout I draw a line down the middle of your head so it looks like a butt?
- "Will ya shut up about the damn Swiss?"