Headscratchers: Cool Runnings
- What was Sanka's qualification to be an Olympian, again? He's really not much of an athlete. Derice picks him for the team due to his experience as a pushcart driver (dubious to start with), but then he ends up being the brakeman.
- What do you mean "qualification"? It's not like he had to beat out a ton of people to make it on Jamaica's team.
- And watching a pushcart race is what gave the real team's coach the idea for a bobsled team in the first place.
- Why would Junior's dad tell him to give up this foolishness and come home after they had already qualified?
- Because he doesn't care. Remember how he dismissed Junior's protests that "the team needs me"?
- And in the movie version, they were still seen as a joke at the time.