- At the climax, after the bobsled crashes, the team indicates they don't need medical help, and carry the bobsled across the line. This actually happened in Real Life, except they didn't raise it to shoulder-height; they just pushed it along the ground.
- Irv confronting the Olympic committee, and his former coach Kurt, after the team is disqualified out of the blue. He correctly guesses that Kurt has moved to disqualify them out of lingering spite for the discovery during the 1972 Games that Irv had hidden weights in the sled, and the resulting scandal that led to the team being stripped of their gold medals. The speech that follows is what truly cements Irv's redemption from his past. This film was also one of John Candyís last performances before his death, and he hit it out of the park in this scene:
Irv: All right, sixteen years ago, I made the biggest mistake of my life: I cheated. I was stupid! I embarrassed myself, my family, my teammates, my country, (points to Kurt) and my coach. If itís revenge you want, take it! Go ahead! Disqualify me! Banish me! Do whatever you want, but do it to me! It was me who let you down, Kurt! It wasnít my guys! Theyíve done everything youíve asked of them, and they did it with all of you laughing in their face. Hell, it doesnít matter if they come in first or fiftieth! Those guys have earned the right to represent their country. Theyíve earned the right to march into that stadium and wave their nationís flag. Thatís the single greatest honor an athlete could ever have! Thatís what the Olympics are all about! Sixteen years ago I forgot that. Donít you go and do the same.
- Sanka's speech to Derice
Sanka: Let me tell you somethin' Rasta, I didn't come up here to forget who I am and where I come from...If we look Jamaican, walk Jamaican, talk Jamaican and IS Jamaican, then we sure as hell better bobsled Jamaican.
- The team's second run, which puts them in eight place. Pretty damn impressive for a group that had only been training for a few months to beat teams that had likely been together for years.
Announcer: Where did these guys come from?Everyone: JAMAICA!!!
- The response of the entire bar full of friends and family back in Jamaica during that run.
- Junior finally standing up to his father.
Yul: Bad ass mutha.
- Their sleek black Olympic unitards and sled.