YMMV: Cool Runnings
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: Sanka turning up at the door of the hotel room wearing a maid's hat and brandishing a feather duster.
Yul: Whatever's wrong with you... is no small thing.
- Cliché Storm: But charmingly so.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: There's a scene where Irv Blitzer clutches his chest in exasperation. John Candy died from a heart attack five months after the film's release.
- After the Jamaican team's third bobsled run at the Olympics, the East German team captain congratulates Derice with "Very good, Jamaica. See you in four years, ja?" Ironically, that wouldn't happen, because while Jamaica did return to compete in future winter Olympics, East Germany itself ceased to exist prior to the next Olympics in 1992.
- He Really Can Act: Despite the Fake Nationality of his character, Leon proves he can play a harmless, but aspiring lead character rather then just a Scary Black Man thug he had played in action movies Band Of The Hand and Cliffhanger.
- Older Than They Think: Several tropical countries, not just Jamaica, competed in bobsled in 1988, where they created an informal "Caribbean Cup". Mexico competed in bobsled in 1928, the second Winter Olympics, so the phenomenon is Older than Television.