A 2014 Bobcat Goldthwait
film, about a couple that journeys to Willow Creek
to search for Bigfoot and talk to the locals about Bigfoot culture.
This film provides examples of:
- Actor Allusion / Type Casting: Bryce Johnson and Alexie Gilmore both played a love interest to the lead in one of Goldthwait's previous films (Sleeping Dogs Lie and World's Greatest Dad, respectively). Here, they're the two leads who are love interests to one another.
- Author Avatar: Goldthwait has said the two leads are "better-looking" versions of him and his wife.
- Chekhov's Gunman: The Missing Woman
- Fan Nickname: The Bare Foot Project
- Fanservice: Jim going skinny dipping.
- Fan Disservice: The ending.
- Found Footage Film
- Playing Against Type: This is Bobcat Goldthwait's first film that's not in the comedy genre.
- Leave the Camera Running: There's a shot that lasts roughly 19 minutes of the movie. Most of it is Jim and Kelly just snuggling together terrified, listening to some sound/rustling coming from outside their tent, with Kelly crying. The sound and Kelly's tears jump out several times but most of it is them waiting, suspenseful.
- Stockholm Syndrome: It seems that the missing woman was not only abducted by Bigfoot, but has been added to the 'colony' of Bigfoot in the area. The last scene in the movie has the Bigfeet and her making the same call.
- The Bad Guy Wins: Presumably, Jim is killed and Kelly is another 'bride' of the Bigfoot.