Series: The Last Reality Show
The Last Reality Show was a Swedish comedy horror series in eight episodes that aired on Sweden's TV6 in 2012.The series follows the trainee Abbe, the producer Micke B and a group of C-level celebrities of Swedish reality shows as they try to survive a Zombie Apocalypse. The series mixed real actors with reality-TV stars playing themselves. The series was noted for its convincing zombie makeup.
The Last Reality Show provides examples of:
- Abandoned Hospital: This is where part of the finale of the series takes place.
- And Then John Was a Zombie: The ending.
- The Big Bad: The murderous producer, Micke B.
- Big Damn Heroes: Simon
- Black Comedy
- Bloody Hilarious
- Book Ends: Daniel Paris is the first of the celebrities to appear in the show. He is also the one to die last.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Micke B is reading a newspaper article about a TV show. The article he is reading is a deregatory article about The Last Reality Show, published when the newspaper was not allowed first-hand rights to publish a story about the show.
- Brick Joke: In the first episode, the nasty producer, Micke B, yells at a fairly minor character to re-edit a vignette. In the last episode, that character, now a zombie, is still sitting and editing on the computer.
- He is also Chekhov's Gunman.
- The Cameo: Lill-Babs as herself
- Creator Cameo: The creator of the show is playing a young man puking blood, the man responsible for the special effects plays a zombie eating a cow, and a casting trainee plays one of the first zombies seen in the show.
- Declaration of Protection: Simon towards the others.
- Dying Alone: Poor Simon.
- Dying Declaration of Love: Vanita to Daniel Paris. The latter is gay.
- Crowning Moment of Funny ensues.
- Final Girl: The show host, Sofie, is the only character to survive the show.
- Heroic Sacrifice
- Hillbilly Horrors: The hunters that terrorize the group in episodes 5 and 6.
- Kill 'em All
- Mercy Kill: Eva dies this way.
- Abbe butches it rather badly.
- Plague Zombie
- Too Dumb to Live: Robban, Jockboi and Andreas.
- What Could Have Been: The sinister leader of the bandits and his chained-up zombie Tony had a backstory that would have proved that Even Evil Has Loved Ones.
- Your Head A Splode:Meral dies this way.