Film / Starstruck
is a 2010 Disney Channel Original Movie
Christopher Wilde is a famous celebrity singer and teen heartthrob who has to escape the paparazzi in order to win a movie role. Jessica Olson is just a regular girl from a small town who is with her family on vacation and is the only girl not hung up on Christopher. They meet each other at a chance encounter, and while they have an extremely rough start, they eventually grow fond of each other. But will their friendship manage to last in their two different worlds?
Not to be confused with the other Starstruck
- Sanjay's car has an obviously broken muffler.
- Crash-Into Hello: A variation. It's the door he's opening crashing into her head.
- Everythings Better With Bob: Christopher tries to convince Jessica that he knows who works for him. This is the best he can come up with.
- Fangirl: Jessica's sister Sarah, and pretty much every girl but Jessica.
- Non-Singing Voice: Not, that's not Sterling Knight singing. However Brandon Smith does his own raps.
- Both played straight and averted. Sterling does sing the title song, but none of the others, due to him joining the movie too late to get into the studio for all of them.
- Only Sane Woman: Jessica, who is the only girl not crazy for Christopher Wilde.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Jessica gives one to the paparazzi and reporters following Christopher and later her around. In the very next scene, Christopher gets one from Stubby
- Running Gag: Christopher accidently bumping a door into Jessica's face.
- Shaming the Mob: What Jessica tries to do to the paparazzi outside her house with a massive "The Reason You Suck" Speech. Based off one of the reporters asking her cameraman if he got all that on film or not, it failed miserably.
- Tsundere: Jessica. Christopher calls her out on her snap judgements.