"Now maybe, just maybe, we're dealing with a mutant form of slug here, a kind that eats meat!"Slugs
, also known as Slugs: The Movie
, is a horror movie from the year 1988.
Set in a small town, the movie centers around slugs (Black Slugs, to be more specific) mutated by toxic waste into carnivorous killers that start eating people. Only one who can stop them is the local health inspector Mike Brady
with the aid of his co-worker Don Palmer and his wife's friend Dr. Palmer from across the pond.
This movie leaves a slimy trail of these examples:
- Dull Surprise: Nearly everyone, though Mike's muted response to being bitten by a slug really stands out.
- The End... Or Is It?: One of the slugs survived, and slugs are hemaphrodites, so one is all you need to start the whole thing over.
- The Foreign Subtitle: The movie was shot in Spain and there it had the subtitle Muerte Viscosa (Death Slime).
- In Italy, it was released as Slugs: Vortex of Horror. Greece had a similarly-titled release with Slugs of Horrors.
- Gross-Up Close-Up: This movie loves to show its disgusting effects up close.
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl: Maureen.
- Hazardous Water: The slugs can swim.
- Just Eat Gilligan: For some reason, no one thinks about using salt to kill the slugs.
- Life or Limb Decision: One of the slugs end up in a man's glove before he puts it in his hand. The slugs starts eat the hand from inside the glove and he is forced to chop it off. And then he gets blown up anyway.
- Pyrrhic Victory: Slugs are destroyed with explosion in the sewers. This causes more explosions around the town with lots of property damage. But all of the slugs were destroyed, right?