Film: Reindeer Games
Reindeer Games is a 2000 action thriller film, directed by John Frankenheimer.Rudy Duncan (Ben Affleck) is a former car thief who gets released from prison after six years so he can come home to his family during the Christmas season. His cellmate and friend, Nick Cassidy (James Frain) is also getting out and while spending time with Rudy, he brags him about his female penpal he writes to, Ashley Mercer (Charlize Theron). One day, Nick gets stabbed to death during a prison riot and once Rudy was released, he assumes Nick's identity and meets Ashley for the first time. While their relationship heats up, Ashley's criminal brother Gabriel (Gary Sinise) and his group of thugs unknowingly drag Rudy by bringing them to a casino where Nick used to work so they can steal some money. Things however, are not what they appear to seem.
- Fanservice: Charlize Theron goes topless in a scene in a swimming pool.
- How We Got Here: The film opens with a montage of six dead Santa Clauses, before flashing back to "Six Days Before." It turns out one of the Santas is Rudy, the only one of the main characters to survive the movie.
- I Never Said It Was Poison: When Ashley mentions Nick was stabbed with a shiv, even though Rudy never told her how her penpal was killed.
- Market-Based Title: Released in Britain as Deception.
- Not Quite Dead: Nick, who turns out to be alive and well and the real mastermind behind it all.
- Shoot Out the Lock: Santa does this to a door.
- Take That: When Rudy finds out Ashley's associated with Gabriel, he tells her "I had better sex in prison." OUCH.
- Taking the Bullet: Nick takes a shiv for Rudy in the beginning. Turns out to have been part of a (dangerous) Batman Gambit.
- Title Drop:Gabriel (to Rudy): Don't go playin' no reindeer games with me.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Gabriel, shot by Ashley.