Officer Joe Vickers at your service.
He always gets his man... and everyone else.Psycho Cop
(1989) and its sequel Psycho Cop Returns
(1993) are two slasher movies which follow
the exploits of psychopathic police impersonator
Joe Vickers, who is on a mission from Satan to kill everyone he perceives as criminals and make bad puns
out of everything while he's at it. Curiously
, these movies hit the cinemas right after the first Maniac Cop
In this film, three young couples decide to have good time on a luxury cabin which resides in middle of the woods. They are followed by Vickers, who starts killing them one by one.
This film has examples of:
- Cut Phone Lines: Eric tries to call the cops about the missing caretaker, but finds the line dead, as Vickers has just cut it.
- Danger Takes a Backseat: After Officer Chris enters Vickers' patrol car to check it, he ambushes him from the backseat, and shoots him in the head.
- Death by Mocking: Zack likes to prank and tease people, which seals his fate.
- Developing Doomed Characters: in the first movie most of the time is spend is watching protagonists wondering aloud where the caretaker went off to, where's the beer and other mundane things.
- Does Not Like Guns: Satan, according to Vickers, though he shrugs this off with a "what the Hell!"
- Don't Go in the Woods: Majority of the murders happen in the woods surrounding the house.
- Evil Is Hammy: Robert R. Shafer plays Vickers as a very over-the-top villain who's constantly mugging the camera.
- Evil Laugh: Vickers has a very hearty one.
- Final Girl: Averted with Laura, as her friend Dough also survives the movie.
- Footprints Of Muck: Vickers appears before Laura and Doug to gain their trust and lure them outside, but Doug realizes that Vickers is the prowler because the footprints he's leaving on the floor are the same size as the prints that Doug found in the shed.
- Groin Attack: Vickers captures Zack and lifts him in the air by his neck, but Zack manages to get free by kneeing him on the groin.
- High Voltage Death: Vickers kills Eric by lifting him up, and using a taser on him until he stops twitching.
- Hollywood Satanism: Vickers worships Satan, as evidenced by the various markings of pentagrams, 666's and dead animals nailed to trees that he leaves behind. He started doing that because he thought that God had abandoned him when he was kicked out of a state home.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Vickers is ultimately defeated when Doug throws a fallen tree branch through his chest. Yes, he can withstand bullets, but not some stick lying on the ground.
- Impersonating an Officer: Vickers technically was once a police officer, but that still doesn't give you the right to do it if you're off the force.
- Kubrick Stare: Last frames of the film has Vickers revealing himself to be alive, and giving the audience a look beneath his eyebrows.