Film: Prom Night IV: Deliver Us From Evil
Prom Night IV: Deliver Us From Evil is a Slasher Movie from 1992.Father Jonas, a psychopathic priest who seeks to 'save' what he perceives as dirty and tainted, kills two Hamilton High students during the prom night of 1957 (the same night Mary Lou burned to death, talk about a bad night). After several failed attempts to help him, the church places him in a sedated coma. Over three decades later, he awakens and promptly continues his mission to kill sinners.
This film has the examples of:
- Agony of the Feet: Mark eludes Jonas by climbing to the roof, but is then stabbed through his foot, which sends him sliding down.
- Auto Erotica: Featured in the opening where two youths leave the prom to have some good time in a backseat of a car. Father Jonas then appears as the mood killer.
- Bertha In The Attic: Father Jonas was kept tied to a bed beneath a church before he got loose.
- The Cavalry Arrives Late: The police and the church representatives arrive at the scene after Meagan defeats Father Jonas.
- Continuity Nod: Hamilton High is not the main location of the film, but it does appear twice.
- Does Not Like Shoes: After awakening from his catatonic state, Father Jonas spends rest of the movie barefeet.
- Eye Awaken: After being defeated by Meagan and placed in an ambulance, the unconscious Father Jonas opens his eyes dramatically.
- Faux Yay: Laura plays at getting intimate with poor Meagan to test if she's gay.
- Final Girl: Genre-wise, Meagan got lucky for holding on to her virginity.
- Impaled Palm: Father Jonas has stigmata, which fuels his religious fanaticism.
- The Ingenue: Meagan is a good, innocent Catholic girl—and Laura teases her for it.
- Kiss of Death: Father Jonas kisses Jeff before lifting him up and crushing his skull.
- Lingerie Scene: Provided by Meagan and Laura as they prepare for their graduation party.
- Living Statue: After Father Jonas finishes his prayer at the church in the prologue and leaves, a statue of Jesus turns its head.
- Maybe Magic, Maybe Mundane: Father Jonas, who is either murderously psychotic or actually possessed. Considering how nonchalantly he crushes a guy's head with his bare hands (not to mention being able to get up and just keep killing after being in a coma for thirty or so years), probably the latter.
- Mooning: Jeff moons the Hamilton High prom attendees as he and his friends ride a limousine to Mark's parents' summer place.
- Neck Lift: Father Jonas lifts Jonathan by the neck before killing him.
- Numbered Sequels: With a subtitle.
- Once Is Not Enough: After temporarily blinding Father Jonas, Meagan runs away to get the revolver.
- Psychotic Smirk: Father Jonas smirks at Mark before he starts pursuing him through the house.
- The Scourge of God: Father Jonas specifically targets "whores and sinners", so that he can deliver their souls to Jesus Christ.
- Sequel Hook: Father Jonas is alive, and as he opens his eyes, so does Meagan, hinting a connection of some kind between them.
- Shovel Strike: Meagan seemingly defeats Father Jonas by whacking him repeatedly with a shovel, and then trapping him in the burning woodshed by using it to jam the door.
- Shower Scene: Provided by Laura after she has had sex with Jeff.
- Stock Footage: Several of the 1957 prom scenes from the second film are recycled, as well as an establishing shot of Hamilton High from the third film.
- Weapon of Choice: Father Jonas's sharpened cross.
- You Look Familiar: Brock Simpson appears again, this time playing Father Colin.