Film: Prom Night III: The Last Kiss
Prom Night III: The Last Kiss is 1990 horror comedy film.This installment is a continuation of the previous film. It was released Direct-to-Video as the previous film flopped theatrically, but performed well on home video.Mary Lou manages to escape from the other side to the land of the living, and begins dating a student named Alex, offering her special brand of skills (read: murder) to help him through high school. But when he tries to break off with her due to all the bodies she leaves behind, all hell breaks loose (literally).
This film has the examples of:
- Dark World: Hell is depicted as a darker and decaying version of the real world.
- Downer Ending: Mary Lou kills Sarah, and traps Alex in the 50s. So once again, The Bad Guy Wins.
- Fingore: The Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony for the Hamilton high's new school gym is ruined when the principal accidentally cuts off one of his fingers along with the ribbon.
- Fire-Breathing Weapon: After venturing into hell to retrieve her boyfriend, Sarah constructs a makeshift flamethrower to deter some of its denizens.
- High Voltage Death: Mary Lou kill Hamilton High's janitor with electrity, which causes his pacemaker to fly off from his chest.Mary Lou: Momma always said that I'd be a heartbreaker.
- Impaled Palm: Before killing Mr. Walker, Mary-Lou pins his hands on a table with ice cream cones.
- Jerk Jock: Andrew, who views Alex as a dweeb who has no place in Hamilton's football team, and tries to drive him away from it.
- Love Triangle: Alex is dating both Sarah and Mary Lou.
- Ms. Fanservice: Mary-Lou's appearances have her wearing all sorts of skimpy outfits.
- Numbered Sequels: With The Last Title as the subtitle.
- Peekaboo Corpse: After noticing his absence, Sarah goes to look for her prom date Leonard. S He find him when his corpse suddenly falls from the ceiling.
- Sliding Scale of Comedy and Horror: Contrasting with the other Prom Night films, The Last Kiss is a comedy horror film.
- Stripperific: Mary-Lou seems to enjoy conjuring up these outfits, appearing as a baker, nurse and cop.
- Stock Footage: Shots of Mary Lou's grave exploding are lifted from the previous film.
- This Is a Drill: Mary Lou kills Andrew by tricking him to try to catch a football that turns into a drill mid-throw, which impales him.
- You Look Familiar: Brock Simpson, who played Josh in the previous film (and young Nick in the original), appears as Larry.
- Your Cheating Heart: Alex has a girlfriend, Sarah, before he meets Mary-Lou. It doesn't stop him from sleeping with her.