A 1974 Made-for-TV Movie based on the radical "man vs. his machines" theme that hit big and hard in the '70s and '80s.Adapted from a short story by Theodore Sturgeon, it concerns a group of construction workers on an uninhabited island off the coast of Africa, setting up for an oil drilling operation. One of the crew's bulldozers becomes possessed by an alien life force after its blade strikes a meteorite. The possessed dozer then takes it upon itself to hunt and kill the workers.
- Attack of the Killer Whatever: A bulldozer is likely to not pose much of a threat to anyone who can run faster then it can crawl. Its akin to a fat ninja who expels gas every few minutes.
- Automated Automobiles: It does drive itself.
- Black Dude Dies First: Technically averted, as Mack (white dude) dies from a mysterious illness shortly after the alien force is unleashed. However, Al (black dude) is the first to be killed by the possessed bulldozer itself.
- Broken Heel: Dennis when he and Kelly are running away in the climax.
- Closed Circle: A murderous bulldozer doesn't sounds like a threat you couldn't run away from... but then again, everybody's stuck on an island, and one of the first things the bulldozer destroys is the hut where the radio was located.
- Covers Always Lie: Based on the poster it looks like a crazy bulldozer roving around some mountain-forest area killing people and ritualistically shoving graves around. The movie...not so much.
- Energy Beings: The alien entity trapped inside the meteorite.
- Haunted Technology: The dozer is possessed by an alien entity.
- Homicide Machines: The possessed dozer hunts and kills the workers.
- One-Word Title: Killdozer. The title is compound word of kill and dozer.
- Portmantitle: The title is compound word of kill and dozer.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: The entity trapped within the meteorite broken by the bulldozer.
- Vehicular Combat: The final fight involves the bulldozer vs. an excavator piloted by the heroes.