A 1974 Made-for-TV Movie based on the radical "man vs. his machines" theme that hit big and hard in the '70s and '80s. It is based on a short story by Theodore Sturgeon and concerns a group of construction workers on an uninhabited island off the coast of Africa, setting up for an oil drilling operation. One of the crew's bulldozers becomes possessed by an alien life force after its blade strikes a meteorite. The possessed dozer then takes it upon itself to hunt and kill the workers.
- Attack of the Killer Whatever: A bulldozer is likely to not pose much of a threat to anyone who can run faster then it can crawl. Its akin to a fat ninja who expels gas every few minutes.
- Automated Automobiles: It does drive itself.
- Broken Heel: Dennis when he and Kelly are running away in the climax.
- Covers Always Lie: Based on the poster it looks like a crazy bulldozer roving around some mountain-forest area killing people and ritualistically shoving graves around. The movie...not so much.
- Energy Beings: The alien entity trapped inside the meteorite.
- Haunted Technology: The dozer is possessed by an alien entity.
- Homicide Machines: The possessed dozer hunts and kills the workers.
- One-Word Title: Killdozer. The title is compound word of kill and dozer.
- Portmantitle: The title is compound word of kill and dozer.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: The entity trapped within the meteorite broken by the bulldozer.