- Adaptation Displacement: Probably not many people are too aware Killdozer was based on a Theodore Sturgeon short story.
- Adaptation Distillation - Aside from the basic plot of "bulldozer is possessed and runs around killing people," Killdozer has little to do with Sturgeon's original story. In the story, the cause of the bulldozer's possession is ancient evil gods rather than some mysterious blue alien stuff.
- The original story did describe the 'ancient evil gods' as being something more Lovecraftian then anything, so the alien element kinda-sorta fits.
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment - When the alien life force transfers from the meteor to the bulldozer, it kills Mack in a blinding blue flash. This has nothing to do with anything and even later, when this ability might have come in handy, the alien never fries anybody ever again. How Kelly, who was sitting in the dozer at the time and thus in the same proximity as Mack, didn't also get zapped is never explained.
- What an Idiot - Dutch, drunker than even Kelly has ever been, attempts to play chicken with the bulldozer in a little Jeep. This in and of itself isn't the stupid part. The stupid part is Dutch makes no attempt to get out of the Jeep while the bulldozer is running it over, and just sits there and gets crushed.
- The implication was that by that point he just didn't care anymore.