is a controversial 2002 American/Netherlandic/French drama film directed by Larry Clark. It is his fifth film, after Kids
, Another Day in Paradise
and Teenage Caveman
The film consists of four storylines about four teenagers living in the same neighborhood:
- 1: Claude (Stephen Jasso) is a skateboarder with an ignorant pregnant mother and a brutish father who constantly abuses him due to not thinking him manly enough, but who secretly dreams of performing oral sex on him.
- 2: Tate (James Ransone) lives with his grandparents but hates them and constantly verbally abuses them. He is a necrophiliac who asphyxiates himself for sexual pleasure and eventually stabs his grandparents and gets an erection from it.
- 3: Shawn (James Bullard) is having an affair with his girlfriend's mother and dreams of getting them both in bed at the same time.
- 4: Peaches (Tiffany Limos) has a hyper-religious father who goes ballistic when he catches her about to have sex with a boy and marries her.
- 5: The title character, Ken Park, commits suicide in the opening.
This film provides examples of: