Down-on-their-luck pilots Mike and Bob are hired to track down Greta Vanderhorn, a millionnaire's heiress daughter, whose plane went down in the central African jungle
some years prior. Upon arriving in the jungle, the two are immediately captured by natives (with gun-crazy
Bob killing one in the process) and brought before their leader Mata Greta... the very heiress they were sent to find.
Turns out the natives, upon finding Greta in the jungle after her plane crash, instantly began to worship her as a goddess
, apparently just because of the color of her skin
. She insists that Bob and Mike would have been treated simialrly had Bob not murdered; but, while Bob the "white devil" awaits execution at the hands of the natives, Mike and Greta work up a plan to get the three of them back to civilization. But between the usual dangers in the jungle and the natives' ever-decreasing opinion of "Mata" Greta, escape won't be so easy...
For the Mystery Science Theater 3000
episode see here
This film provides examples of:
- As Long as It Sounds Foreign: Olonga and his pseudo-African gibberish yelling.
- Darkest Africa
- Fake Ethnicity: Mexicans and Filipinos as Africans? Hey, if they're not white then they're all the same, right? RIGHT??
- Greta's Dutch, but she's played by an American who doesn't even bother with the accent. Surprisingly, Joel & the Bots don't comment on this.
- Jerkass: AxCrazy Bob
- Or, in his case, Gun Crazy!
- Jungle Princess
- Mighty Whitey: The "Africans" in the movie actualy worship white people, for absolutely no reason.
- Misplaced Wildlife: In this African jungle, there are Cougars (from the Americas) & Orangutans (from Borneo).
- Mistaken For Gods
- No Indoor Voice: The witch-doctor Olonga, a hefty walking stereotype whose only lines consist of busting in and yelling some gibberish really loud several times.
- Sanity Slippage: It's implied that Mike's greedy jerk companion, in the final chase scene, get a bit like this way.
- The Ditz: Good Lord, Wanama!
- Trailers Always Lie: The movie poster makes the movie should WAY more exciting than it really is. Greta is not a "Temptress" or "Ruler of Thousands" and most of the flick is people sitting around talking with a couple of fistfights thrown in.
- You No Take Candle: The "Africans" who speak English (played by a Mexican actress & a Filipino actor). Everyone else are actual black people who speak gibberish.