Into the Blue is a 2005 movie about two lovers, Sam (Jessica Alba) and Jared (Paul Walker), who live in the Bahamas. With Jared's pal (Scott Caan) and his ladyfriend (Ashley Scott) they go looking for sunken treasure and find a plane that crashed in the ocean; said plane has lots of drugs on board which some very nasty types want......but that's not really point of the movie, which is that the cast, especially Jessica Alba, are visually appealing people, and seeing them in swimwear in a tropical paradise is a balm for the drudgery of normal life. That's how to make a movie that gets a good return on investment.Followed by a Direct-to-DVD sequel in 2009.
This movie has examples of:
- Accidental Hero: They all apply for killing the bad guys, but one almost humorous example is when Sam is fighting one of Bates' thugs in the water and a tiger shark comes along and eats him.
- Beach Episode
- Excuse Plot: It's no secret that this movie is more concerned with the visuals than the plot.
- Everything's Even Worse with Sharks
- Male Gaze: The infamous scenes featuring Alba swimming (which you get to see again behind the closing credits).
- Not to mention Ashley Scott on the deck with the camera looking between her legs.
- Ms. Fanservice: Jessica Alba.
- Toplessness from the Back: Amanda (Ashley Scott's character) in the scene when the police come up to the boat.
- Walking Swimsuit Scene: Almost the entire movie for the main characters.