is a japanese live action film directed by Mamoru Oshii
, released in 2009, starring Meisa Kuroki and Rinko Kikuchi
. The film is an unofficial sequel to Avalon
In the aftermath of a nuclear war, four people fight against sandwhales in a desolate looking virtual reality. All of them seek to kill the game's end boss, and to do so they are forced to ally.
Tropes that apply to this film:
- Action Girl: All three of them.
- After the End
- Badass Cape: Colonel.
- Black Magician Girl: Lucifer is one, or at the very least, she plays one.
- Canon Welding: With Oshii's previous film, Avalon.
- Costume Porn: The camera lingers on the detail of the character's outfits.
- Cute Mute: Lucifer. Her first action in the film is a happy dance. Followed by her spreading creepy black wings.
- Genki Girl: Lucifer fits, though unlike most Genki Girls, she is not loud at all.
- Good Wings, Evil Wings: Lucifer has a pair of black feathered wings that sprout upon her dancing cheerfully.
- Impossibly Cool Clothes
- Leave the Camera Running
- Mouthful of Pi: Killing Madara, the final boss, earns π x 1019 points.
- Number of the Beast: Lucifer is Player 0666.
- Opening Narration: A five minute long one by a droning monotone voice, over vague faded grey pictures.
- Perky Goth: Lucifer.
- Rapunzel Hair: Gray.
- Sand Worm
- Type Casting: Rinko Kikuchi is a mute. Again.
- The Unintelligible: None of the actors speak English as a first language, and to make it worse, they wear masks over their mouths most of the time.