Film: My Super Psycho Sweet 16
It's my party and you'll die If I want you to!
My Super Psycho Sweet 16
is a 2009 Slasher Movie
made by MTV
as a spinoff of their reality show My Super Sweet Sixteen
, its purpose being to allow viewers to witness what they all wish would happen to the brats from that show.
Ten years ago, Charlie Rotter, an employee at the Roller Dome who played the goofy "Lord of the Rink" for birthday parties, moonlighted as a Serial Killer
, murdering six teens who had sneaked into the rink at various points before being busted by his young daughter Skye. The rink was shut down in the wake of the murders, Charlie died (or did he?
) when his prison bus crashed, and Skye was sent to live with her aunt Sarah. Now, 15-year-old Spoiled Brat
Madison Penrose is reopening the Roller Dome in order to hold her 16th birthday party there, a party which Skye plans to crash with her friend Derek in order to meet a cute football player named Brigg and to spite Madison. But they're not the only uninvited guests at Madison's super sweet 16...
A sequel followed in 2010, and another was released in 2012.
- Alpha Bitch: Madison.
- Asshole Victim: The two teens killed in the first film's opening sequence spend their time vandalizing the roller rink, smashing a window to get in and then breaking pool cues.
- Almost every victim of the franchise can count as this.
- Break the Haughty: Madison's party descends further and further into this, culminating in a case of Kill the Haughty.
- Darkness Equals Death: Too many to count. Some notable ones include Kevin entering the empty balcony above the roller dome, Chloe hiding in a bathroom stall, and Lilly leaving the roller dome and heading to the parking lot and alley behind it.
- Death by Sex: Averted. Skye and Brigg have sex in Part 2 and survive the series.
- Developing Doomed Characters: It takes about 40 minutes to actually arrive at the roller dome for the massacre.
- Averted in Part 3, where the killings strt within the first 20-30 minutes.
- Dumb Blonde: Chloe. Her plan to humiliate Skye by spraying her with a fire extinguisher in the bathroom falls apart when Olivia asks just how she's going to get Skye into the bathroom.
"God, do I have to think of everything?"
- Brynn. The killer even calls her an idiot to her face.
- Face-Heel Turn: Skye at the end.
- Alex pulls one as well in Part 3.
- Final Girl: Skye represents this trope however other female characters such as Alex or Sienna have joined her.
- Girl Posse: Chloe and Olivia make up Madison's teen girl squad. Lilly is also a part of it, although she's not very happy about it.
- Alex and Molly make up Zoe's from Part 2.
- Gorn: Despite being rated PG-13, the series gets away with a surprising amount of grue.
- Gory Discretion Shot: The fates of Kevin, Chloe, and Madison are all off-screen.
- As are Ted, James, and Courtney from 2 and Ami and Nico of 3.
- Gutted Like a Fish: The party planner. Also happens in the third movie to Nathan for attempting to help Skye.
- Heel-Face Turn: Suberted. Madison begins to make one, but it's all an act.
- Horror Doesn't Settle for Simple Tuesday: Every massacre happens at a Sweet 16 party.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: The boy in the opening scene gets a pool cue shoved through the back of his head and out his mouth.
- It's All About Me: Madison's first reaction to seeing Olivia's headless body rolling into the cake is to get upset about the destroyed cake and her ruined party.
- Jerk Jock: Kevin.
- Lovable Jock: Brigg.
- Make Way for the Princess
- "Mister Sandman" Sequence: The flashback to Charlie's murders takes place in 1999, and comes complete with the arcade game Top Skater and the songs "Tubthumping" by Chumbawumba and "Nookie" by Limp Bizkit.
- Not So Different: Skye decides this about Madison and Charlie, thus rationalizing her decision to lock the former in the basement with the latter.
- Off with Her Head!: Olivia gets decapitated, causing the rest of her body to roll on her skates into the party cake.
- The Parody: While the films are, by and large, straight horror movies, a number of scenes take a perverse joy in riffing on various infamous moments from My Super Sweet Sixteen. Madison saying that she'd flip out if her dad got her a Lexus instead of a BMW, for instance, is reminiscent of the "Audrey" episode that Charlie Brooker made fun of.
- Scream Discretion Shot: Madison's death.
- Ami's death in Part 3 as well.
- Sex as Rite-of-Passage: Derek wants to lose his virginity before the end of the school year, deciding that he will lose it with Skye if all else fails.
- Shout-Out: In part 3 to Happy Birthday to Me, the original birthday slasher. Alex gathers her friends' dead bodies around the table, much like the killer of Happy Birthday to me Does.
- Spoiled Brat: Madison.
- Sudden Sequel Death Syndrome: Both Derek and Charlie in the first sequel.
- Take That: The title parodies My Super Sweet Sixteen and the movie takes a great deal of pleasure in butchering expies of the various spoiled, entitled and insufferably obnoxious brats who appear on that show.
- Villain Protagonist: Madison spent her entire life bullying Skye and the other less popular students, making them as miserable as possible.
- Skye becomes one by the end of the film, locking Madison in the basement with Charlie, knowing that he would kill her, after deciding that she was no better than he was.
- Alex from Parts 2&3. She goes through a serious case of Corrupt the Cutie before she murders all her friends, kills her accomplice, and tries to slaughter her own sister!
- Your Mom:
Kevin: "Can I see your invitation, please?
Derek: Oh, jeez, I'm sorry, I must've left it in your mother's pants."