Rinko Kikuchi (January 6, 1981), born Yuriko Kikuchi, is a Japanese actress. She is best known in the West for her roles in Pacific Rim and The Brothers Bloom. She was the first Japanese actress in 50 years to be nominated for an Academy Award, for her role as a deaf-mute girl in Babel.
- Babel as Chieko Wataya
- Assault Girls as Lucifer
- The Sky Crawlers as Suito Kusanagi
- The Brothers Bloom as Bang Bang
- Norwegian Wood as Naoko
- Pacific Rim and Pacific Rim: Uprising as Mako Mori
- 47 Ronin as witch
- Kumiko The Treasure Hunter as Kumiko
- Terrafor MARS as Asuka Moriki
Tropes that apply to this actress:
- Adorkable: Pacific Rim fans have reacted well to her enthusiasm for chocolate and teddy bears.
- Doing It for the Art: She campaigned hard for her role in Babel, going through a year-long audition process and taking lessons in sign language on her own just to show how serious she was.
- Dye Hard: Has been blonde, auburn, dark haired with blue streaks...