Film: A Fairly Odd Christmas
The second live-action made-for-TV movie based on Nickelodeon's The Fairly Oddparents, and also, as the title suggests, the series' third Christmas Special (the first two being the episodes "Christmas Every Day!" and "Merry Wishmas"). It premiered November 29, 2012 on Nickelodeon.When we last left the now-23-year-old Timmy Turner, he found true love with his victorious childhood friend Tootie, had been allowed to keep his beloved fairy family under the provision that he only made unselfish wishes, and had begun running a business named Wishful Thinking. Unfortunately, with Timmy using Cosmo and Wanda's magic to grant wishes for the less fortunate, it's left Santa Claus with nothing to do this Christmas. To make matters worse, while Timmy and his companions are paying a visit to the North Pole, Santa accidentally gets injured, and now Timmy must fill in for him this year. Unfortunately, since he has been placed on Santa's naughty list, Timmy will need to go on a dangerous journey to find Elmer the Elder Elf, the keeper of the naughty list, in order to clear his name. As if that wasn't enough, Cosmo, Wanda, and Poof do not get along well with Santa's elves due to a feud, and Timmy's Evil Teacher, Denzel Crocker, is still on the loose...Following this movie will be A Fairly Odd Summer sent to premiere in 2014.
Tropes that will be present in this movie:
- Anthropomorphic Food: The gingerbread men.
- Big Damn Movie: If the previous movie wasn't this, this one certainly is.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Poof does this at the end of the movie followed by Wanda giving viewers the no animals were harmed speech. See example below.
- Continuity Nod: Santa mentions that he gave Tootie a chemistry set when she was eight. In the original series episode "Merry Wishmas", Tootie did indeed receive a chemistry set from Santa.
- Creator Cameo: Butch Hartman as a Christmas caroler. The only one in the group who has a speaking line.
- Easy Amnesia: Santa Claus gets amnesia an accident caused by Timmy.
- Eskimos Aren't Real: Crocker doesn't believe in the North pole, or polar bears. Till he ends up in the North Pole and chased by a polar bear.
- Feuding Magical Beings: Carol and Dave (the two main elves in the movie) and Cosmo and Wanda have been feuding for centuries over a borrowed power drill.
- Foreshadowing: Well, for those who didn't see the trailers, Crocker eating one of the gingerbread men at the beginning of the movie.
- The Grinch: Crocker is one of these early on. Additionally, in the one scene she appears in, Vicky is also one of these, so much so that when the Christmas gloom overtakes Dimmsdale, it has the opposite effect on her.
- Hey, Wait!: The first elf Crocker meets after the teacher disguises himself as an elf does this because he noticed Crocker's ears weren't pointed.
- Just Trying to Help: Timmy by the fact that he was so generous with his Wishful Thinking business that it left Santa with nothing to do.
- Misplaced Wildlife: There's shown a penguin in North Pole.
- Mythology Gag:
- An instrumental of "I Wish Every Day Could Be Christmas" plays when Timmy suits up as Santa toward the end of the movie.
- Cosmo and Wanda have already showed their dislike of elves in "Channel Chasers", during the Christmas show segment.
- It wasn't the first time Crocker used a hat to pretend to be a magical creature. He passed himself as an imp in the first Jimmy Timmy Power Hour.
- No Fairies Were Harmed: At the end of the movie, Wanda says this, followed by Cosmo contradicting it.Wanda: No fairies were harmed during the making of this movie.Cosmo: I've got a paper cut!
- No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: Turns out Timmy granting kid's wishes had a few unforeseen consequences.
- Nobody Poops: Inverted, Crocker is sent to scoop up the reindeer poop that are purple rocks.Crocker: Who knew reindeer poop is so sparkly.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: While unintentional as he was just trying to be generous, the problems of the movie start with Timmy using the fairies power to grant some wishes for kids. This winds up messing with Santa's list and the North Pole losing power. When Timmy comes down to the North Pole to correct that problem, he accidentally knocks Santa into a wrapping machine and gives him amnesia... just days before Christmas. And due to this act, he ends up on the naughty list and can't fix this mistake until he clears his name off of it. Sheesh, talk about Disaster Dominoes.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Crocker puts on an elf hat and an elf mistakes him for an actual elf, despite the fact David Lewis is twice as tall as the elves.
- Pie in the Face: When Christmas gloom hits, Timmy's mom hits her husband with a pie he just made.
- Purely Aesthetic Glasses: Crocker confessed he only wears glasses to look smart.
- Rope Bridge: Wanda comments on how derelict it is and the gingerbread men have the task of cutting the rope.
- Saving Christmas: As usual.
- Shout-Out: Poof at the end of the movie:Poof: God bless us everyone.
- And his dabbing at the screen to make it flash is a nod to Tinker Bell.
- Speaks Fluent Animal: Tootie apparently can speak Penguin.
- Subbing for Santa: Timmy has to do this.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Crocker at the end of the movie. He becomes Timmy's friend, after him saving his life.
- Under The Mistletoe: Timmy and Tootie.
A Fairly Odd Movie: Grow Up, Timmy Turner! WesternAnimation/The Fairly OddParents A Fairly Odd Summer