Fanfic Recs / The Baby-Sitters Club
Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for
These are recommendations made by Tropers for The Baby-Sitters Club
fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page
though; that goes in the discussion page.
Authors and Web Sites
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
Caludia Keeshi Middel Skol Mamma
- Recommended by Jane Poirot
- Synopsis: Done in the style of a BSC Super Special, the BSC is whisked off to Amsterdam after Shannon's family inherits a dutch mansion, where they each have individual encounters with the city.
- Comments: If When Forever Wasn't Enough gets a prize for best drama, then this deserves the prize for best comedy. Hilariously written, the humour sharp as ever (especially the sexual humour which never gets over-the-top), this fanfic highlights the various traits of the BSC that get flanderized by various ghost writers and gives them even more flanderization, resulting in something that is truly hilarious to read. However, they are not mere cariactures of themselves in this fanfic; they are also genuinely rounded out and developed by the story's end, also managing to rake in a few genuinely dramatic moments (such as what happens to Stacey). Overall, a wonderfully well-written comedy.
- Recommended by Fiftynumber, Twilight Shimmer
- Synopsis: After ten years in the eighth grade, will Claudia finally graduate?
- Comments: A hilarious read in which Claudia's dumbtitude has reached its logical conclusion.