Naruto Wind Monk Banishment
is a Naruto fanfiction by Born Of Prayers
. Naruto is banished from Konoha by Tsunade in an attempt to secretly hand him over to Jiraiya for 3 years of training while winning some political ground to deal with the council.
Unfortunately, she gets drunk and approved some clauses that essentially screw Naruto over, including removing his ability to use hand seals and canceling his contract with the Toads. By the time Jiraiya and Tsunade find out, he's already gone, never to be seen again until 4 years later, escorting the Wind Daimyo, Kanna.
From there, Akatsuki begins to make their move.
Unique in that it takes a realistic look at what actually could have led to Naruto's banishment in the aftermath of the successful Sasuke Retrieval Mission, rather than just writing it off to the entire village irrationally hating Naruto (A line that far
too many fics seem to follow), and in that no characters are bashed. Even Sasuke, who is usually portrayed as some sort of Jerkass
in the "banishment" fic genre actually is a pretty good guy in the story. It is also one of the few stories starring Fu.
Tropes found in this fanfiction:
- Adaptational Bad Ass: Iruka and Asuma being the main cases.
- Bad Ass: Might Gai is this, and a Bare-Fisted Monk Badass Teacher. He deals the most damage to Naruto overall in the Battle of Old Uzushio. Naruto even calls him the monster of Konoha.
- Big Damn Heroes: The Author loves throwing these in.
- Berserk Button: Calling Naruto the Kyuubi.
- Break the Cutie: Hinata was mentally bullied until she could no longer see Naruto as anything but the Kyuubi.
- Above does not convey the extent. She is to Naruto what canon Sasuke was to Itachi. It is that bad.
- Brutal Honesty: Shino pointing out how Fuu could've led to Naruto being killed by Akatsuki or Orochimaru. Dark Naruto doesn't hold back either.
- Child Soldiers: Cool jutsu is nice and all, until you remember the fact that they are meant to be used during war, where even 8 year olds have fought in.
- Cool Old Guy / Lovable Sex Maniac: Jiraiya (Pervy Sage) and Hyoudou (Pervy Master)
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Dark Fuu makes Fuu out to be this.
- Crapsack World: Pointed out, numerous times.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: The Battle of Old Uzushio. Once Orochimaru and Akatsuki showed up, there was no chance in hell for Naruto to win.
- Deadpan Snarker: Shino, even while giving a "The Reason You Suck" Speech to Fuu.
- Determinator: Naruto fought desperately and stood up when it would be easier to quit, but he still got captured and taken back to Konoha.
- Dogged Nice Guy: Kiba, ironically, to Hinata.
- Double Entendre: A lot in the earlier battles involving Fuu and Akatsuki.
- Friendly Enemy: Naruto and Sasuke, during their first rematch. He honestly forgives Sasuke for the assassination technique through the chest and he really just wanted to be left alone.. Sasuke honestly feels bad, but he's loyal to the Sannin.
- Get Out: Gaara's follow up to his Reason You Suck Speech to Kakashi.
- Hannibal Lecture: Dark Naruto excels at this, and best of all, never lied. Dark Fuu is attempting this currently.
- In Spite of a Nail: Orochimaru still gets sealed by Itachi.
- It Is Beyond Saving: Dark Naruto's take on the world crafted by the Sage of Six Paths.
- My Greatest Failure: Hyoudou ran away and left Mifune to confront Hanzo alone, despite being older.
- Old Master: If they're old and a shinobi, monk, or samurai, ass will be kicked.
- Pragmatic Villainy: The smarter Akatsuki members practice this. It's the reason Naruto hates it when the smart ones get away.
- Kakuzu and Sasori both attacked when they saw an opening, and retreated when things turned against their favor. Because of this, Akatsuki gained information against Naruto.
- Itachi waited until Orochimaru Scaled Up and then attacked him from the back while he was focused on other things. Pain called out Tobi on using the Box of Ultimate Bliss because having berserk men in their ranks was not pragmatic towards peace.
- Reason You Suck Speech: A beautiful one by Gaara to Kakashi.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: Hidan and Orochimaru.
- Shoot the Shaggy Dog: Naruto's Fight and Capture by Konoha ended with his new village burning down.
- Sorting Algorithm of Evil: While not evil per say, when it came to capturing Naruto after he pushed back Kakashi and Sasuke, Tsunade unleashed the big guns. She sent The remaining Konoha 12, Yamato, Asuma, Gai, Kakashi, Jiraiya, Iruka, Shizune, and then she showed up as he went into a partial transformation. He never stood a chance.
- Stepping Stones in the Sky: Gai, using Ningame similar to canon.
- Sword Beam: Naruto, Asuma, and other Samurai.
- Took A Level In Jerk Ass: Several characters towards Naruto, most for stupid reasons...Except Hinata.
- Unstoppable Rage: Hinata nearly kills Fuu in an attempt to get rid of Naruto while they were planning a retreat and he goes to Six-Tails. Unfortunately, even going to eight didn't help because of the war on three fronts and he was defeated.