Well, back to work
The Iron Duke, Lord Harry James Potter, The Dark Wars: Empire's WarIt is Halloween, 1981. A dark wizard known as Lord Voldemort, after gathering information from his Death Eater Peter Pettigrew, goes to Godric's Hollow in order to kill the child prophesized to defeat him. After a fight with the elder Potters, he finds Harry Potter hidden in a closet, but when he casts the Killing Curse, it rebounds on a golden shield and kills Voldemort's body, and his spirit is then contained within an object by Matthew Potter and Alexandra Potter's fiancée, Maximilian Roberts. James and Lily Potter, knowing what may happen when word of this is spread, hide into the Muggle world with their three children (Alexandra, Matthew and Harry), Maximilian and their friends Sirius Black and Remus Lupin, only revealing themselves to the Magical world again sixteen years later, being inducted as nobles of the British Empire in the meantime.Not your usual fanfic, eh?The Dark Wars is a Harry Potter Fanfiction written by Panamanian Marquis Black, consisting on four parts. It starts in September, 1997, when a Death Eater attack on Diagon Alley is stopped by a group of redcoats led by Lieutenant-Colonel Harry James Potter of the Imperial Army, ending with nearly all Death Eaters dead or dying. This attracts the attention of Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Wizardry and Witchcraft and leader of the Order of the Phoenix, who has spent much time in the last years attempting to find the Potter family after they mysteriously disappeared when Voldemort was first defeated. When Harry Potter and his army are sent to Hogwarts in order to establish camp there for attacks on possible Death Eater safe houses in Scotland, Dumbledore starts to make plans in order to make sure that the whole side of the Light is under his orders, but he doesn't know that other, stronger and stranger forces are part of the game, and what Dumbledore and many others had hoped would just be a chess game suddenly turns into something far more complicated and confusing...The Dark Wars Series consists of four parts, each of them dealing with a certain matter:
- ''The Dark Wars: Empire's Plight'': details the reapparance of the Potter family in the British Magical World and the consequences of this for the characters.
- ''The Dark Wars: Empire's End'': the aftermath of the destruction of Fort Valour at the hands of the Death Eaters and Harry's efforts to find ways to give the Empire the edge on the war.
- ''The Dark Wars: Empire's Rebirth'': after the destruction of London and of the Empire, Harry becomes a Warlord in the former Dominion of Canada. After he hears about the Shadow Heir, the last member of the Windsor Royal Family and the only heir to the British Imperial Throne, his duty to the Crown will contrast with his desire for power.
- ''The Dark Wars: Empire's War'': the restoration of the Empire in the person of Elisabeth III has given hope to many people around the world, and the stage is being set for the final battle between the Empire's forces and those that would destroy it, but dark and dangerous forces exist, ready to enter the war in the moment that is more favourable to them...
Tropes found in The Dark Wars:
- Action Girl: Ginny Weasley, who becomes an Action Mom by Empire's Rebirth and becomes an Imperial Assassin. Susan becomes part of the Imperial Army and one of the best soldiers in it.
- Alternate History: in here, Queen Victoria was fully cognizant of the existence of the Magical World and was the Monarch of the magical part of the British Empire, but after her death purebloods took the British Magical World towards independence from the British Crown. Also, after 1998, the whole world changes with the reveal of magic and the destruction of the Empire (which still was together in the Magical World, unlike the Muggle world).
- Batman Gambit: Harry, Staples and Sulu are not sure if Elisabeth, the Shadow Heir, is up to the task of the Queen, so they run one to ensure she will have the drive to restore the Empire.
- Cool Airship: Project Archangel, aimed at the development of a series of magical-powered and armed airships.
- Crapsack World: most of the world after the Death Eaters attack and kill the Queen.
- Downer Ending: Empire's Plight ends with the destruction of Fort Valour at the hands of Death Eaters and werewolves.
- Eldritch Abomination: the Venati, beings from other universe that take to invade Earths from paralell universes and consume all lives within it.
- Expy: the Venati are like the Tyranids in that they consume all life in any world they go to before going somewhere else to do the same, while changing their DNA to accept the best genes. The difference is that they travel between paralell Earths, lack the ability to travel into space (which is what saved the inhabitants of one Earth from total consumption) and they are very intelligent.
- From Bad to Worse: first, the enemy was the Death Eaters. Then, the Death Eaters plus the Terracotta Army. Then, the whole world turns into a battlefield. Then, the Venati appear....
- A God Am I: the Prime Venati boasts that the Venati will eat God if they find him.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Harry becomes a Human-Venati hybrid almost by accident, which allows him to have superhuman abilities. Later, several more people are grafted with Venati cells in order to make them more powerful (and in one case, help Harry become powerful enough to defeat the Prime Venati).
- Heroic Sacrifice: not so much as heroic, given that he has been behind many of the Empire's setbacks, including telling the Death Eaters about Imperial movements, but in the end Dumbledore accepts that the Empire was right and has himself grafted with unstable Venati cells so that Harry may absorb him and kill the Prime Venati.
- Kill 'em All: what the Venati do in every world they visit.
- Magitek: loads of it, from the Project Archangel to the rifles that shoot bullets with a explosive curse stored inside.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: Harry James Potter, the Iron Duke.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Dumbledore's actions at attempting to preserve the statu quo only help the Death Eaters destroy the Empire and what he had wanted to protect.
- Right Hand vs. Left Hand: in the first part, what Dumbledore fears will happen if the Empire doesn't collaborate with what he does.
- Taking You with Me: the Prime Venati that Harry fights and incapacitates attempts to destroy Earth as a way to deny humans victory. Harry manages to prevent it Just in Time.
- Technology Porn: Marquis Black doesn't hold back when describing all the Magitek in the series, especially the Project Archangel airships.
- Voice of the Legion: after Neville's death, Susan ends up absorbing him - well, she absorbs his soul and mind - and the two of them merge in Susan's mind. Her eyes end up as a mix between Neville's and Susan's, and when she speaks there seems to be a mix between their voices, too.