Fanfic / Teenage Jinchuriki Shinobi
Teenage Jinchuriki Shinobi is a crossover fanfic between Naruto
and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)
. Originally starting off as a retelling the former with Splinter and his four turtles involved, such as with them raising Naruto and training him in the arts of ninjutsu in addition to him being under the Konoha Ninja Academy. It eventually branches off to its own story.
Pre Time Skip
- Introduction arc (ch. 1-5)
- Wave arc (ch. 6-10)
- Chunin exam arc (ch. 11-20)
- Hokage arc (ch. 21-24)
- Rescue Sasuke arc (ch. 25-26)
- New York arc (ch. 27-29)
- Battle Nexus arc (ch. 30-33)
Post Time Skip
- Snow Country/Beach arc (ch. 34-40)
- Itachi Returns (ch. 41-42)
- Danzo arc (43-45)
- Villain Alliance arc (ch. 46-48)
- Epilogue (ch. 49)
It can be read here
This fanfiction provides examples of the following:
- The Ace: Naruto and Sasuke as rookies of the year.
- Action Girl: Almost everyone except Tsunami, Tazuna's daughter.
- Alternate Universe Fic: Two way:
- TMNT: Continuation fic, taking place after the event of the Back to the Sewer season.
- Naruto: Alternate History. While the events of the former was mostly completed, the events here start off with a younger Naruto who hasn't even started his training at the academy, Sasuke being kinder and having a younger cousin that survived the Uchiha massacre, and Hinata's love being noticed and repayed.
- Adaptational Badass: Naruto takes his training more seriously, and is a skilled weapon master.
- Sakura is also more involved in fights post-time skip.
- Adaptational Heroism: Kin goes from a minor villainess to a member of team seven.
- All Men Are Perverts: Jiraya and Kakashi read porn, which sickens the turtles.
- All of the Other Reindeer: The story starts off with a group of ninja attacking Naruto because he has the soul of the kyubi.
- Animal Motif: Ravens for Himeko, Snakes for Orochimaru, Frogs for Naruto and Jiraya, and Snails for Tsunade.
- Arranged Marriage: Naruto with Hinata originally, then he also gets it with Himeko.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Minato, Sarutobi, and Tsunade, as per being hokage.
- Ax-Crazy: Utrom Shredder was more than willing to destroy Konoha if it meant the death of the turtles.
- World of Badass:
- Beach Episode: Team Seven, Hinata, the turtles, Kushina, Kakashi, Splinter, and Casey's family go on one. Though the resort was real, it turns out to be a trap set up by the demon Kira.
- Berserk Button:
- Raph doesn't take it well when you're willing to hurt innocents.
- Naruto also has one. Insulting either the turtles, Splinter, or any past Hokage.
- Talking ill about Usagi's fur. Don't do it.
- BFS: Zabuza. Lampshaded by Leo.
Leo: "Now that is one serious blade."
Zabuza: I'm glad you think so."
- Naruto gets one during the Chunin exams, which happens to be a copy of the same sword Leo used during his time in the ninja tribunal.
- Big Bad Ensemble: Orochimaru for Sasuke, Utrom Shredder for Naruto, and Kira for Himeko
- Bigger Bad: Danzo
- Big Brother Instinct: Though cousins, Sasuke treats Himeko as his little sister.
- Big Damn Heroes:
- This is how the turtles met Naruto
- The turtles, Sasuke and Himeko come to aid Naruto against Mizuki
- Naruto returns the favor in the fight against Haku
- Usagi and the Justice Force for Konoha against an army of Foot Ninjas
- Big Good: Splinter for Naruto and the turtles, Kakashi for team seven, Tsunade for Konoha, and Himeko as a whole.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing:
- Mizuki used Naruto to try to obtain the forbidden scroll as a ploy to sell it off.
- Like he does in canon, Kabuto acts as a bumbling fool participating in the chunin exams when he's actually Orochimaru's right hand man.
- Subverted with Itachi
- Character Development: Sakura starts off as an annoying fangirl of Sasuke, but stops lusting over him (As Himeko puts it) and actually starts too see how it was annoying him. Additionally, she went from a Faux Action Girl to a legitimate one.
- Cheerful Child: Himeko was one until Itachi killed most of the Uchihas.
- Chekhov's Gun: The story that Yin Yang tells Himeko about Kureno and Kyoko about their child. See Foreshadowing below for more details.
- Continuity Nod: It seems to takes place after the end of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003), but replaces the events of Turtles Forever. This is noted when Splinter says Shredder was defeated, and with married couple Casey and April. It starts off with Naruto only being a child.
- Curbstomp Battle: Plenty
- A cursed Sasuke brutally breaks Zaku's arms during the forest part of the chunin exams.
- The fight between Choji and Dosu at the Chunin exams was one, being viewed as anticlimatic.
- Itachi defeats Sasuke AND Himeko the first time, rather effortlessly.
- Team Seven and the turtles alliance defeat the purple dragons.
- Dark Is Evil: The Akatsuki, the curse marks that Orochimaru leaves (As a cursed Sasuke demonstrated.), Kira and Sakyo, and The foot clan, led by Ch'rell and Karai
- Dark Is Not Evil: Despite wearing the same suit that he does canonically post-time skip, Sasuke remains a hero.
- The turtles and Splinter, for that matter. While, um...different looking, they are most definitely good guys.
- Also, Himeko, Yin Yang and Kureno.
- Designated Girl Fight: Sakura vs Kin, Sakura vs Ino, and Himeko vs Sakura.
- Dirty Old Man: Jiraya wondered what Himeko, a thirteen year old looked liked NUDE
- The Dragon: Kabuto to Orochimaru, Sakyo to Kira, and Karai to Shredder.
- Dumbass Has a Point: When Tsunade assigns a mission to team seven and the turtles regarding cold weather, Mikey is quick to point out that since they're reptiles, they can't go out or they die. Donny is Crazy-Prepared though.
- Dumb Muscle: Hun, if these lines are to go by:
Sasuke: "So this guy was one of your biggest rivals?"
Mikey: "Well he's not so tough anymore."
Kin: "He's kinda stupid too."
Raph: "That doesn't even come close to describing Hun!"
- Even Evil Has Standards: Karai and Chaplin have a disturbed look when hearing about Orochimaru's plan.
- Karai betrays Shredder when she realizes that he would destroy the world if it meant the death of the turtles
- Everyone Has Standards: Raph is disgusted by how Neji treats Hinata. He also didn't like how Itachi compared himself to him
- Faux Affably Evil: Danzo treats Naruto, Sasuke, and Himeko like friends, but he enjoys their torment that they had for the past few years
- Orochimaru, honestly.
- Stockman and Hun were also this the first time they shows up.
- Five-Man Band:
- Splinter's Sons:
- Team Seven:
- Naruto says hi to Hinata in a rather cheerful manner during the genin exams, and even sits next to her, suggesting that she's special to him and that he acknowledges her feelings for him.
- Mizuki smirks evilly after Naruto agrees to snatch the forbidden scroll, revealing to be part of his plan to sell it off for money
- Himeko is told of the story behind the child of Kureno and Kyoko, as well as the demon Kira. She turns out to be that child reincarnated, and Kira is after her
- We get to see the frozen asteroid that Ch'rell aka Utrom Shredder was on in space just before the timeskip. He eventually does land in the ninja land.
- Friend to All Children: Splinter adopted Naruto, Sasuke, Himeko, Sakura after her parents were killed during the first invasion of Konoha, and Kin, in that order.
- The Glomp: None was happier than Hinata when she sees Naruto again post-time skip.
- Happily Married: Casey and April. Also, Naruto eventually with Hinata and Himeko.
- Heel–Face Turn: Kin after Orochimaru throws her away, and Karai and Chaplin after the Shredder is defeated
- Humiliation Conga: After the purple dragons are defeated by team seven, and he foolishly tries to charge at them despite being severely outnumbered, Hun gets called an idiot, gets two kicks from Naruto and Sasuke, punched in the face by Sakura, gets his shirt torn by Kin's thrown daggers, and another set of kicks by Raph and Himeko.
- Implacable Man: Zabuza was far tougher to hurt, flat-out ignoring Leo's kick which would otherwise hurt.
- Konoha Loves Turtles: In-Universe Example. Unlike back in New York, where the turtles grew up, everyone was fond of them in Konoha. Of course, everyone did freak out the first time they saw them.
- Knife Nut: Kin's specialty.
- Lack of Empathy: Danzo
- Lady of War: Kin is more graceful than Sakura and Himeko in combat.
- Light Is Good: Himeko, Kyoko, Yin Yang and Hinata.
- Light Is Not Good: Neji also wears white like his cousin, but is pretty much a class-A asshole pre-timeskip.
- The diamond that Hun obtains is used by him for a melee explosive enhancement.
- The armor that Utrom Shredder wears is silver
- Ms. Fanservice: It'd be easier to list which ones weren't.
- Kin and Kushina at the beach scene, with many hitting on the latter.
- Muscles Are Meaningful: Zigzagged. Zabuza is ripped, yet not much larger than the ordinary man, and swings around a BFS effortlessly. Silver Sentry plays this trope more straight, being a superhero expy of Superman.
- Muscles Are Meaningless: Hun, a large, hulking figure, receives a painful punch from Sakura, and it clearly hurt.
- Not His Sled: It was thought that the story took place after Turtles Forever on the TMNTverse. The revel that Hun wasn't Slash here told us otherwise.
- Not Quite Dead: Shredder
- Older Than They Look: Tsunade, whos actaully 50.
- Original Character: Himeko/ Isis, Yin Yang, Sakyo, Kira, and team seven's great grandchildren 100 years later.
- Power Of Hate: Shredder is motivated entirely by his hatred towards the turtles.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: Sasuke among his fangirls; Himeko and Hinata from Naruto's perspective.
- The Rival: Naruto to Kiba and Sakura to Ino
- Friendly Rivalry: Naruto and Sasuke were implied to be in one despite their friendship.
- Sai Guy: Raph, Naruto, and later Himeko
- Shout-Out/Mythology Gag: Plenty for TMNT:
- Everyone being terrified the first time that they see the turtles. Zabuza even calls them freaks!note
- When Leo and Gaara meet, Leo states that they weren't wearing odd costumes, though hard to believe, and Gaara responds with them saying that they've seen the extraordinary before, and then said the turtles were indeed extraordinary, alluding to what Shredder said when he met them.
- Shredder's Badass Boast, followed by Sasuke saying that he has a big ego.
- The climax of the final fight being one to Turtles Forever.
- The iceberg scene was one for Ice Age
- Shut Up, Kirk!: Neji basically tells Splinter to shut it, then calls him a rodent., earning him scorn from everyone in team seven.
- Simple Staff: Donnie, Naruto, and eventually Sakura.
- Smug Snake: Danzo looked a little too happy to admit his crimes.
- Sliding Scale of Villain Threat: Splinter notes that Orochimaru was far stronger than anything that the turtles fought, surpassing even Shredder.
- Spared by the Adaptation: Kin, courtesy of Good Guy Splinter.
- Kushina also. She passed away in canon a long time ago.
- Special Guest: Usagi!? What are you doing here?
- The justice force, led by Silver Sentry
- Super-Powered Evil Side: Kyubi!Naruto and Isis
- Took a Level in Kindness: One of the first things Kin does upon her accepted Heel–Face Turn apologizes to Sakura when she decides to live among Konoha, after hearing that Orochimaru basically didn't care about her. Sasuke is also on better terms with Naruto and Sakura here, and Sakura eventually stops fanboying over Sasuke while also being on better terms.
- Trash Talk: Neji was a more passive example than most.
- 13 Is Unlucky: Kushina was trapped for 13 years.
- The Unfought: The rest of the Akatsuki were killed singlehandedly by Itachi
- The Unreveal: We also don't see the rest of them save for Kisame. So no Tobi, no Pein, no Deidara, etc
- Walking Armory/Multi-Melee Master: Naruto has two katana, an odachi, two sais, two Kusarigama, two nunchaku, a spear, and a bo-staff. Tenten is one as well.
- Casey Jones, out of sports equipment.
- What Could Have Been: An inuniverse example. When Sarutobi died, Konoha was in need of a new hokage. Who does Mikey suggest? Splinter. What was Jiraya's answer? He talked to the ninja council about it, but it was turned down.
- Would Hurt a Child: Even though said children can fight back, many of the older villains from both universes have no problem trying to hurt them.
- Naruto is seen being chased by an angry mob, just because he has the kyuubi inside him.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: Hinata and Kushina, moreso the former.