Fanfic: See The Zone And Survive
Our merry band.
See The Zone And Survive
We are S.T.A.L.K.E.R.s: Scavengers Trespassers Adventurers Loners Killers Explorers Robbers. The Chernobyl Exclusion Zone, the most dangerous place on Earth, is our home. Radiation, killer mutants and deadly anomalies are just another day at the office -just another day in the Zone, as we say. We get by, day after day, by scavenging gear, trespassing and exploring in forbidden areas, seeking for new adventures, all on our own; we kill for money, loot or survival and sometimes rob each other. Well, not everyone does the robbing part, that would be the Bandits' job. I named myself Strider. I am a free stalker and I do not even know what I am doing here, not that I care anyway. My name is Vano. I'm a free stalker and one of Strider's rare friends. It's a peculiar predicament, trust me. My name is Celestia. I'm a free stalker and just want to get back home. Well, I wanted.
This is our story.
is a My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
crossover started in September 23, 2012 and completed in February 20, 2014.
After an accident with a strange anomaly in the Everfree Forest, Celestia is trapped in alternative world in the place filled with mutants, killers, even more anomalies and her magical powers are very weakened. Now, with the help of two Stalkers (and their future allies and friends) she must learn how to survive in this dangerous place which Zone is and find way to home.
The fic can be read here
It also has a sequel
.The author makes his own cover art too, so, you know, that's cool.
See The Zone And Survive contains examples of:
- Animalistic Abomination / Humanoid Abomination: Zone's mutants, of course.
- Attempted Rape: Happened to Celestia. It didn't end well.
- Badass: Few types:
- Badass Army: Faction created by Strider and his merry band. Not only they have a large number of really good soldiers and mercenaries, assload of firearms, shitload of ammo but also a freaking tanks (two T-80B and one T-64BM), APC (two BTR-70K), IFV (four BMP-2M) and helicopters (three Mi-24D and two Mi-26S) plus workshop and maintenance bay for them. Holy crap! Plus, they have their own R&D section.
- Bear Hug: Celestia receives one from a power-armored Strider.
- Berserk Button: Trying to hurt Celestia around Strider is a very bad idea.
- BFG: Strider obtains a BFG-50A rifle.
- Big Damn Heroes: Two moments:
- In Chapter 1, Strider arrives in the nick of time to almost casually kill two Bloodsuckers and save Celestia.
- In Chapter 7, Vano and Snag show up to save Strider and Celestia when they're weakened and surrounded.
- Brought Down to Badass: The global magic field of our world is so weak that, while she can still fly, use her TK, walk on clouds, and once literally exploded in self-defense, Celestia can't do anything powerful, complex, or subtle. Plus, some of the Zone's artifacts can absorb magic, which is never a good thing for magic-users.
- Celestia Can't Hold Her Liquor: She manages one glass of vodka. (To be fair, it's vodka, so it's more alcohol than this trope usually deals with.)
- The Engineer: Celestia is quite good at being this.
- Flashback: Almost the whole story is basically telling the reader How We Got Here.
- Friendly Sniper: Strider. Cold Sniper too, considering his past.
- Gentle Giant: Vano, of course. 220 centimeters tall, 130 kg of weight, posture of a bear, wears power armor, loves big guns and he is incredibly friendly.
- Gun Porn: Oh so very, very much.
- Immortality: Strider, accidentally. As long as he isn't incinerated, vaporized, ripped to shreds or decapitated, he can regenerate his limbs and organs. Oh, and he's ageless. Celestia is both happy and worried about this.
- Interspecies Romance: Strider and Celestia.
- It Gets Easier: Celestia gets increasingly comfortable with violence as time goes on.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: Vano mentioned they need to advance the plot.
- MacGyvering: Strider making a defibrillator with two artifacts to save Celestia.
- Magnetic Weapons: In Chapter 12 we have the Infantry Marksman Railgun Mark 3.
- More Dakka: Vano speaks the language of bullets.
- Powered Armor: Strider and Vano's exosuits.
- Time Skip: Between Chapter 12 and Interlude.
- Too Dumb to Live: In final chapter, some random bandits shows up and started firing at APC in which our heroes was, using some light and weak small arms. For their efforts, they were torn to shreds by BTR's heavy machine gun.
- Trapped in Another World: The entire premise.
- You Can Talk??: Almost any time someone first meets Celestia.