A simple act of laziness on the part of Nerv has enormous consequences for Hikari Horaki and, in turn, all of Tokyo-3.Superwomen of Eva: Spirit
is a Superwomen Of Eva
story that gives the Class Representative
of Tokyo-3 Municipal Junior High Class-2A, Hikari Horaki, superpowers
. Unlike other SoE stories, this is not a crossover story. Until the last few chapters.
Currently under construction. Please add tropes as you see them!
This Superwomen Of Eva story contains examples of the following:
- Aborted Arc: Nearly all of the other heroines are shown or implied to be around in Spirit's story, but this is forgotten about by the finale. No others show up for it, even though many of them are personally present in their civilian identities, nor do they acknowledge their powers or is there an explanation as to why they will not or cannot use their powers to help.
- Always Someone Better: Most of the other Superwomen are shown to be much more powerful than her standard portrayal (not counting her power up in Lilith's Herald.) As is the Rei Clone Spirit fights at the end of her story.
- By the Power of Grayskull!: Hikari has specific phrases she says or thinks in order to transform into or from Spirit.
"I have wings."
"I don't have wings."
- For Want of a Nail: The whole mess starts when Nerv experiments with the Third Angel's DNA and then accidentally flushes out the resulting Mutagenic Goo into the local lake. Ritsuko theorizes that one person in 100,000 will show some kind of adverse effect to the substance, but doesn't think it will be an issue
- Locked into Strangeness: Mild version. Hikari's transformation into Spirit involves giving her white hair and making her unnaturally pale with red eyes.
- Loves My Alter Ego: Everyone seems to love Spirit more than Hikari, even her own kid sister.
- Mutagenic Goo: The origin of Hikari's powers.
- Official Cosplay Gear: Played with. Spirit's costume was originally handmade, but the fact that battle damage occasionally occurred to it mean that she had to constantly fix it... but shortly afterwards, cosplay stores start making Spirit costumes. Hikari then proceeds to replace damaged costumes by buying new ones from the store, retroactively making the costume official, even if the makers don't know about it.
- Power Copying: Spirit has the ability to copy other Angels' powers if she obtains a sample of their DNA. She starts with the abilities of the Third Angel (manifesting as cross-shaped Hand Blasts and a powerful Healing Factor, plus the AT Field) and later on gets Technopath powers from absorbing Ireul (which she only uses on the final fight). Contrast this with SOE Liliths Herald, where she obtains samples of other Angels with the Silver Surfer/Rei's help.
- The Rei clone, however, uses this very effectively thanks to all the Angel DNA supplied to her by Gendo. In addition to Spirit's powers, she can also form energy whips from the 4th Angel, use the 5th Angel's mountain shattering particle beam, spit the 9th Angel's acid, and create a portal to the Dirac Sea to catch Spirit's energy blasts from the 14th. As a result, she's much stronger than Spirit.
- Power Gives You Wings: Hikari has two huge white wings in her Spirit form. They are the only power that is not directly copied from the Third Angel's set.
- Secret Keeper: Hikari's sisters, Nozomi and Kodama.
- Sexier Alter Ego: Specifically invoked by Hikari to help hide her identity.
- Stripperiffic: Spirit is this relative to Hikari. Done intentionally.
- Swallowed Whole: Happens to Hikari during the battle with Gaghiel.
- Two-Person Love Triangle: Hikari loves Toji, but Toji loves Spirit. But Hikari is Spirit...
- Weak, but Skilled: Spirit tries this against the Rei clone by hiding and trying to ambush her. It doesn't work, though, because she had even more abilities Spirit wasn't aware of, and Spirit ends up having to trick her to win.