Fanfic / Jade Dragon
is a Jackie Chan Adventures
fic by Eduard Kassel
, and a part of Project Dark Jade
Shortly after the event's of the canon Grand Finale
, a mysterious being uses a magic mirror to cause Jade and Shendu to switch lives. Jade now finds herself reliving the events of the series as Fei Cui Huo, the Jade Dragon, the Demon Sorceress of Fire, desperate to find a way to regain her own life.
Official Description: It was over till it began again, the adventures of a brave young girls life. But all is not as it was. It is said to understand someone, you must walk a mile in their shoes. But does wearing their shoes mean you have to walk the same paths? NOT SXJ!
- Accidental Truth: Fei bluffs to the impatient Demon Sorcerers that the Chans have a spellbook that will tell her how to find the Pan'ku Box. She's shocked when Jade tells her that they actually do.
- Adaptation Distillation: The retelling of Season 1 is completely compressed, due to being told from Jade's POV while she's trapped in stone.
- Adaptational Villainy: Fei, while being less evil than Shendu is in canon, is still a villain.
- Affably Evil: Fei is pretty polite to Jackie, all things considered, and even soothes one of her dragons when it's still only partly through the portal (Jackie is reminded of a man soothing a horse).
- Alternate Universe: There's a demon Jade in Shendu's role, and a young boy named Shen in Jade's place.
- And I Must Scream: Jade/Fei implies that being trapped as a statue is this, judging by her panic when she faces it again.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: Jackie decides that that is a very wise proverb while creeping towards the palace, considering his job is to reconstruct the past, and it had come to life before him.
- Jade's narration lampshades this, with how her switch with Shendu occurred right after her wishing that her adventures will continue.
- Breast Expansion: While possessing Viper's body and modifying it as she sees fit, Fei drinks an "Elixer of Blooming Mounds", which as Viper puts it grows her breasts into "Porn Star Melons".
- Cassandra Truth: Fei cleverly tells everyone that Jade is a lesser trickster demon she assimilated for power, and to ignore anything she has to say. As thus, no one believes her when she claims that she's an innocent human girl trapped inside Fei.
- Dead Fic: Subverted. The story might go years between updates, but the author doesn't seem intent on abandoning it completely.
- Distracted by the Sexy: How does the newly modified and much less stealthy Viper (or rather, Fei in Viper's body) manage to get away from Jackie? By flashing her newly "modified" bosom to catch him off guard.
- Femme Fatalons: Fei grows Viper's nails out into quarter-inch claws.
- For Want of a Nail:
- Since Jade is more of a Benevolent Boss to the Dark Hand than Shendu, her dismissal of them doesn't lead to Valmont pointlessly sending Tohru to fight her, so he doesn't quit the team out of protest like in canon.
- Since Shen doesn't look up to Viper the way Jade did, he insists on getting her arrested. So Valmont is later able to recruit her as extra muscle to the Dark Hand, which puts her in a position to accidentally get possessed by Fei and Jade.
- Due to Tohru sticking around, Hak Foo isn't hired to take his place as The Brute.
- Since Fei is more of a trickster than the more brutish Shendu, the Pan'ku Box was sealed inside another enchanted puzzle box to keep her from getting at it.
- For some reason, instead of Paco, El Toro's sidekick is a girl named Rosa, and the J-Team has another new member in the form of a female PI named Lefevre. Jade has no idea where either of them came from.
- The alternate J-Team actually sticks together after their first mission, intent on fighting all the Demon Sorcerers.
- Groin Attack: Lefevre does this to Tohru during the fight in the Pan'ku Box's temple. It stuns him, but he recovers quickly.
- How We Got Here: The story opens with Jackie fighting a demonic Jade, who's in Shendu's role. The next two chapters show how this happened, with the narrating Jade lampshading it when it comes full circle.
- In Spite of a Nail: Despite Jade taking Shendu's role, Jackie still ends up battling the dragon demon in an attempt to stop the portal from opening.
- Mental World: Fei and Jade meet in one when asleep, which Jade calls the "Inner Room".
- Mysterious Watcher: The woman who causes Jade and Shendu to switch lives.
- Non-Mammal Mammaries: Hilariously subverted. At first, it appears that Jade/Fei is heavily endowed, only for her to reveal that it's padding — as she points out, she lays eggs, so there's no reason for her to have breasts.
- Jade later points out the oddity of Bai Tsa having breasts when sea creatures aren't knowns for them, and suggests magic augmentation.
- Justified after possessing Viper. She's not technically a dragon as she is a human who's been modified to look more draconic.
- Noodle Incident: Fei at one point claims she once killed the rabbit that East Asian folklore says lives on the moon.
- Oh, Crap!: Jade's reaction when she realizes what's happened to her.
- Our Dragons Are Different: Due to Jade being a demon dragon.
- Pragmatic Villainy: Fei doesn't want to destroy Asia like Shendu in canon, she wants to reconquer it (though she does acknowledge that doing so will involve a lot of destruction).
- Rewriting Reality: The watcher causes this by using the Mirror of Fate (implied to be related to the Book of Ages) to make Jade and Shendu switch lives.
- Sharing a Body: Rather than merely being turned into a demon in the new reality, Jade seems to be sharing a mind with the real Fei Cui Huo, much to both their surprise. Later, they end up possessing Viper, who shares control of her own body with her two passengers.
- Shout-Out: The watcher's colleague is strongly implied by the text (and confirmed by Word of God) to be Doctor Strange.
- Meanwhile, it's also confirmed that the "Council" he refers to is the Endless Council from Jewel of Darkness.
- Jade at one point trolls Ratso by claiming that dragons swim in their hoard like Scrooge McDuck.
- Spy Catsuit: Fei comments on how form-flattering Viper's is. Viper responds that it's to provide freedom of movement, but Fei isn't buying that.
- Title Drop: Fei is referred to as "the Jade Dragon" several times. It's a nickname she earned at some point, as her true name — Fei Cui Huo — translates to "Green Jade Fire".
- Villains Out Shopping: Jade alleviates the boredom of being trapped in stone by having the Shadowkhan bring her a TV to watch.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Fei is able to shift between a draconic form and a more humanoid one.
- We Can Rule Together: Fei offers this to Jackie. He refuses.