Now with 40 percent more Ed!
Ed, Edd, Eddy, n Edna is a non-supernatural spin-off of "The Grim ED-ventures of Ed, Edd, n Eddy" that answers the question "What if Edna existed in the "Ed, Edd n Eddy" canon as Nazz's Cousin?" Stuff will happen
The friendship of the three male Eds
all started when Eddy tried to buy a dirty movie off eBay by using the money he earned from his "devil fruit scam". Nazz's cousin Edna
moves to the cul-de-sac and wanted friends
, sure enough meeting the Eds made her day. However during an incident involving the Kankers, she noticed that one of them was treated by the other two. It took Edna alot of quick thinking but she manages to befriend May Kanker
and win the trust of her male Eds.
However with most of the summer spent on being pals, making a new friend in Rachel Carlyle
, and avoiding the other Kanker Sisters
, there was the arrival of a new girl gang from Lemon Brook
named "The Killer Sisters"
and they are totally obsessed with destroying the Kankers and ruling their turf... plus Rachel has a history with them. So it took the combined efforts of the 4 Eds, the kids, and the kankers (and a rickroll)
to get rid of them... but they swear revenge
Note that many of the character tropes that described the cast in the original Ed, Edd n Eddy
series are still applicable.
Tropes that appear in the series:
- The Ace: Edna, to an almost ridiculous extent.
- Abhorrent Admirers: Lee and Marie to the Eds.
- Adorkable: Edd, Edna, Rachel, and even May each exhibit traits of this.
- Alliterative Name
- Edna's full name is Edna Esmeralda Espinosa.
- Bald of Awesome: Edna shaves her head to donate her long hair to a cancer charity later in the fanfic.
- Beauty Mark: Edna's most distinguishing feature happens to be a small beauty mark beneath her left eye.
- Berserk Button: Don't hurt Edna's "Nakama".
- Birds of a Feather: Rachel and Johnny, who both happen to carry around a plank as an imaginary friend and Companion Cube.
- Big Bad: The Killer Sisters from Lemon Brook.
- Broken Ace: Kevin, once Edna arrives.
- Aloof Big Sisters: Lee and Marie to May.
- Blithe Spirit: Edna's arrival at the cul-de-sac spirals newfound, previously unlikely friendships among the children and prompt May to break free of her Big Sister Bullyies and befriend the others.
- Brainy Brunettes: Edd, Edna, and Rachel.
- Butt Monkey: Kevin, oh so much.
- Cool Big Sis: Edna becomes one to Sarah and Jimmy.
- Cute Bookworm: Rachel.
- Crossover: with The Aspie Girl, with Jennifer's cameo appearance.
- Mordecai and Rigby from "Regular Show" join in the final fight for no apparent reason other than giving the Killer Sisters what they deserve.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Ed, as well as Edna herself.
- Clueless Chick Magnet: Edd, oddly enough.
- The Cutie: May, according to her portrayal in the fanfic.
- Dumb Blonde: mostly May, although Nazz herself does tend to have her moments.
- Dumb Muscle: Ed.
- Even Evil Has Standards: The Kankers think the Killers are even worse than themselves, plus they are repulsed by the fact that they smoke cigarettes and Julie's obsession with fires.
- Everyone knows that Kevin, Sarah, and the Kankers dislike Eddy's older brother and the way he treats him but suprisingly, Julie Killer sees him as a "bunghole" and admits she treats her siblings much better.
- Evil Is Petty
- Fiery Redheads: Sarah, Lee, and Kevin.
- Five-Man Band
- Gainax Ending
- Genki Girls: May and Edna.
- Gratuitous Japanese: this actually appears quite often throughout the fanfic, strangely enough.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Nazz, Edna's cousin and the Girl Next Door to the Eds.
- May shows traces of this as well, particularly as she begins befriending the others and becomes a member of Edna's group.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: Rachel is a shy character with a Dark and Troubled Past involving the Killer sisters, and was quite eager to befriend the Eds and the rest of the cul-de-sac once she first appeared.
- Insufferable Genius: Edd, on occasion.
- It's All About Me: Eddy, at his worst.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Eddy and sometimes Sarah.
- Kindhearted Simpletons: Ed and Johnny, as well as May to some extent.
- The Ladettes: Marie, Lee, and Edna each fit into this, according to their interests.
- Little Mr. Con Artist: Eddy, and how.
- Meganekko / Nerd Glasses: Edna and Rachel, as well as Jennifer once she makes her cameo appearance.
- Misunderstood Loner with a Heart of Gold: May, according to the fanfic, considering that Edd and Edna each note that she is much kinder and more tolerant than her brash elder siblings.
- Na´ve Newcomer: Edna in the first few chapters of the fanfic, although she appears to quickly befriend everyone.
- Names to Run Away From Really Fast: "Kanker" and "Killer".
- Neat Freak / Super OCD: Edd often alternates between these.
- One of the Boys
- Otaku Surrogate: Edna and Rachel are both Gamer Chicks who enjoy a diverse variety of comics and manga.
- Parody Sue: Much of the Ed, Edd n Eddy fandom perceives Edna this way, considering that she was an original character specifically designed to serve as the fourth Ed and effortlessly resolve their ongoing struggles.
- Word of God claims this was because of how furious he got from playing the Gameboy Advance game "Ed, Edd, n Eddy: Jawbreakers" not only was the game difficult but the ending sucked and as a result he created Edna to make sure they win more than usual.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: May and Edna develop this with each other.
- Savvy Guys, Energetic Girl
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: Edd, as can be expected.
- Shout-Out: Ed's favorite horror comic book series is Creepshow.
- The Power of Friendship: the force that would ultimately defeat the Killer sisters.
- The Quiet One: shy, wishy-washy little Rachel.
- Those Two Guys: contrasted with their respective roles in the actual show, Sarah and Jimmy seem to fade more into the background throughout the fanfic.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Churros!
- True Companions
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Eddy and Edna.
- Was Actually Friendly: the way the Eds feel about May once she befriends them.
- Why Did It Have To Be Clowns?
- Wide-eyed Idealists: especially Edd and Edna.
- World of Snark
- Write Who You Know: It's confirmed by Word of God that Lindsey, Julie, and Tara Killer are named after three girls who tormented the author back in High School but the characters are largely exaggerated.
- You Go Girl