Fan Fic: The Jackson Legacy
"Prophecies, blah-blah-blah, fate of the world lies in one child, yeah, we get thoseThe Jackson Legacy
a lot. Mind if I request for something new and refreshing?"
- Mr. Flamingo He's actually Leo.
is a Percy Jackson and the Olympians
and The Heroes of Olympus
fan fiction written by notyourleo, well-known for writing Leo/Piper stories, notably The Bridges Ablaze
Seven years after the events of the The Heroes of Olympus
, Percy Jackson mysteriously disappears from the face of the earth. His "disappearance" causes a lot of problems for the demigods, mainly half-bloods being chased and hunt down by monsters more often than usual, especially the Prophetical Seven from the second series, which forced them to go into hiding and travel from one place into another, and basically lives just got harder for all of them
Jump another seven years later, a boy name Peter
, a kid who knows of the godly world for a long time through his brother's storytelling but never truly believed in it until recently, comes to Camp Half-Blood and claims to be Percy Jackson's young mortal brother. He also claims to know where the missing Percy Jackson is, thanks to a dream, despite actually not knowing where his brother actually is. Peter is then forced to go on a quest to find his older brother, and he is dragged into a series of events where he discovers dark secrets that Percy did not include in his stories.
The first original fifteen chapters has been taken down by the author, and the revised first chapter is up. The author plans to rewrite the story from scratch under the name title, Graveyard Of Heroes
. You can still read the original chapters here
Current stories in the series:
A Character page
is under construction. Character tropes, this way, please.Not to be confused with anything related to Michael Jackson.
The whole series provides examples of:
open/close all folders
Graveyard Of Heroes
- Another Dimension: Nameless is implied to be this.
- Ascended Fanboy: Peter grew up to listening to Percy's stories about his adventures when he was a teenager, thinking that they're just make-believed bed time stories, but Peter wishes he was just as cool as his older brother. Then years later...
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Leo is second leader of the infamous Esperanza. Do not get in his way. Or eat fire.
- Percy was the first leader. Back in his time, the monsters feared him.
- Backstory: Peter's dreams shows us a few of his childhood memories, and different point views of characters from An Act Of Defiance.
- Badass Normal: Peter.
- Badass in Distress: Percy.
- Blah Blah Blah: See quote above.
- Big Damn Heroes: Mr. Flamingo, in chapter five, was just in time to save Peter and his friends.
- Bigger on the Inside: Leo's house. It has a really large basement and backyard for his automatons.
- The Call Left A Message: Annabeth's email from the start of the revised version.
- Chekhov's Gun: Leo's letter to Hazel.
- Chekhov's Boomerang: Leo's Zippo lighter. It is used by Leo if he wants to stretch an affiliation invitation to other war groups. Then it's also used as a weapon by Leo and, later, Peter.
- Coincidence Magnet: Poor, poor Peter. He got a tree to scream at him, got ambushed by dragons, wolves, the Minotaur, and a narcissistic oracle... Probably because he is related to Percy. He even smells like him.
- Cool House: The Valdez Household, complete with a basement full of weapons.
- Cool Uncle: The kids in Leo's neighborhood sees him as this.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Good lord, Leo, what the hell happened to you the last decade?
- Dark Secret: Rachel seems to be carrying one.
- Deconstructor Fleet: Many readers consider the story as something that really stands out from other original character stories because it twists common fandom cliches.
- Easing Into the Adventure: How the revised version starts out and most likely will play through.
- Faking the Dead: Leo
- Might also be Percy's case.
- Fangirl: Claire to Nico. She even broke her usual manners to squee.
- Fetch Quest: Peter's Hundred Year Quest basically turns into this.
- First Episode Spoiler: Percy is thought to be dead in first chapter.
- Flat "What.":
Peter: Amazons? You mean that group of really fierce women in the Greek myths?
Lydia: And that online retail store.
- Freudian Trio: Id - Peter, Superego - Claire, Ego - Leon.
- Gotta Catch 'Em All: The key pieces.
- Grail in the Garbage: The second keypiece is located in an old abandoned stinky shack.
- Grease Monkey: Leo the mechanic.
- Great Offscreen War: The Private War. Now averted, with An Act Of Defiance.
- He Knows Too Much: Apollo had warned the main characters that the Olympians may start plotting to stop Peter and his quest to find Percy due to the fact that he now knows about Nameless.
- Home Base: Wichita, Kansas for The Esperanza, New York for the Oneiro.
- I Just Want to Be Special: Peter seems to wish he was born a half-blood and fight monsters, just like Percy.
- Improbable Weapon User: Despite being equipped with a dagger, Peter created a weapon with a lighter and a can of spray to defeat a lone wolf. Justified, the wolf's hide was thick and couldn't be penetrated by a blade.
- It May Help You on Your Quest: Peter receives a lot of cool things early in the story, and they are eventually used in some way.
- I Will Find You: Peter towards Percy.
- La Résistance: The Esperanza.
- The Empire: Played with the Olympians and The Oneiro. It's quite unclear if there actions are whether for the good or not.
- MacGuffin Location: Nameless.
- MacGyvering: Peter combines Leo's lighter and a spray can to create a mini flamethrower to defeat the wolves.
- Again in chapter 15 where Peter puts his knowledge making explosive chemicals.
- Made of Iron: Peter, despite being mortal.
He had been taking too much damage tonight he was surprised that he was alive.
- The Mall: The main characters are able to get into the secret underground passages through malls.
- Morning Routine: The revised first chapter opens to Peter waking up early, pack up stuff for school, go to school, leave school early, and then going to Camp Half-Blood.
- Muggle Best Friend: Peter to Leon.
- Next Sunday A.D.: Though not explicitly stated, if you do some calculations, the story is set in Winter 2023, but technology seems indifferent compare to 2011.
- No Body Left Behind: What makes some think that Percy is still alive.
- Older and Wiser: The canon characters in the story.
- Unfazed Everyman: Peter.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Leon and Claire.
- Running Gag: Leo's fondness of the color pink.
- Self-Insert Fic: In-universe example. Leo and Percy tell then-thought fictional stories about themselves to children.
- Shout-Out: In chapter eleven, one of the people in the list is "Andrew Wiggin."
- The author mentioned in one of the author's notes that the names Leon and Claire are inspired by a certain survival horror game.
- Smoking Is Cool: Subverted with Leo. He didn't like smoke, but he needed something to mask his demigod scent.
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: The canons when they are in a chapter, especially Leo. The author is trying very hard to avert this.
- Someday This Will Come in Handy: The things that the adults keep giving Peter. And also, Peter's knowledge about the godly world.
- Tall, Dark and Handsome: Nico is described as this.
- Talking in Your Dreams
- ¡Three Amigos!: Peter, Leon, and Claire.
- Tunnel Network: The mall passages that connect to every state in the US. They can magically teleport you the chosen destination in a short time. Well, that's what the visitors of the passages feels anyway...
- Two Guys and a Girl
- Unlikely Hero: Peter looks at himself as this.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: Leo and Piper. Very vaguely implied.
- When Trees Attack: The large tree in chapter two.
Road/Act Of Defiance
- Battle Couple: Leo and Piper.
- Break the Cutie: In Road Of Defiance, we read a passage of Piper seeing a vision of an alternate Leo cradling Piper's dead body, and then suddenly breaking into laughter, implying that he lost his mind.
- Catch a Falling Star: Leo to past!Piper. There was no Jason to save her.
- The Dark Times
- Deadpan Snarker: Leo, especially to Piper.
- Died in Your Arms Tonight: In Piper's vision, she sees Leo holding in his arms a lifeless body of herself.
- In Medias Res: The prologue of An Act Of Defiance.
- Set Right What Once Went Wrong
- Shoutout: Leo asks Hera for a deLorean.
- Stable Time Loop
- Reset Button: The reason why Leo and Piper went to the past is because the past was suddenly changed (because of what Leo and Piper had done, whatever it was) and an AU timeline clashed to the current timeline they currently live in and the two timelines was slowly merging into one, with the AU timeline dominating. It's making a total mess. Greece and Rome is destroyed, Gaea has fully risen, basically the world has gone to hell. It's...it's really complicated.
- The ending of Road Of Defiance has the opening lines of The Lost Hero.