Super Smash Stadium
by the SSS Superpowers (or SPs for short) is a fanfiction based on the Super Smash Bros
series. The plot focuses on the titular stadium and the fights shown at the stadium as though it were a promotion complete with commentary. There are currently five seasons consisting of more than 100 matches. Each season has an underlining plot to it.
One of the last active Script Fics from the era when Script Fics were common, it actually started out in prose but turned into one soon after because of the usefulness of color commentary. Notably, during its adaptation of Subspace Emissary
, it reverted back to prose.
Here's the link
to it. The Current SPs are Metal Man (Head SP), Digifanatic, Light Bear, Terri, Escomanivero Deisedarah, and Yesman. Past SPs were Kyle Orland, VGW
(Former Head SP), Prince
Lemmy Koopa, Patrick VanDusen, Lugia/Zer (Former Head SP), Canadian Yosheh, Goshi, Sir Tomintul, Knight9910
, Lord Reid, SwordBlade, Great Saiyaman, and Game Guru
(Former Head SP).
Super Smash Stadium
provides examples of the following tropes:
open/close all folders
Old SSS (Seasons 1-5)
- Adaptational Badass: Ash learns psi powers from Ness, making him an effective fighter without the need for partner pokémon.
- All There in the Manual: To understand the plot of Season 2, one must read the supplementary story Ganna Legacy
- Alternate Universe: Implied with the crossovers and Toon Link.
- Alternate Universe Fic: The actual video game characters are fighting rather than dolls or trophies of them.
- Arc Welding: Both Season 2 & 3 suffer from this, though nearly every Aborted Arc has been cleared up by Season 4.
- Artifact Title: The titular stadium ended up being the first place captured in the Subspace Emissary Arc.
- Author Avatar: The SPs
- Back from the Dead: Lampshaded with Ash.
- Butt Monkey: Boshi, Link
- Cast Herd
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Powers and Tai.
- Crossover: With Neglected Mario Characters, BOTVGH, SSB Arena, and Super Smash Quest
- Cutting Off the Branches: The Subspace Emissary Adaptation has Kirby able to save only Peach.
- The Danza: Two of the Superpowers (Patrick and Kyle) are named after the people who represent them.
- Everything's Better with Plushies: 175
- Executive Meddling: Led to many aborted arcs as matches were deleted or replaced. In particular Zer, the Head SP of Season 3 was opposed to large story arcs, believing them to be the cause of Season 2's problems, and aborted any and all arcs pretty much immediately, leaving the other SPs to make up a story at the last minute after he disappeared.
- Gratuitous French & Gratuitous Japanese: Averted, as any use of another language is used in the proper context. Mostly treated as if it were 'subtitled' or left as an action.
- Go Karting with Bowser: Heroes and villains are working together to entertain fans of the Stadium. Sometimes justified as they may still hate each other, they're just encouraged to keep it in the arena.
- Groundhog Day Loop
- Heroic Sacrifice: Sir Tomintul at the end of Season 2.
- Hijacked by Ganon
- Killed Off for Real
- Loads and Loads of Characters: It is based on Super Smash Bros after all.
- Medium Awareness
- Mega Crossover: Again, it is based on Super Smash Bros.
- Metal Gearing
- Milestone Celebration: Match #100
- Missing Episode: Match #67, and Chapters 1, 8, 9, and 13 of Ganna Legacy. The SPs hang lampshades on it. Match 67 was eventually rewritten, along with a lampshade of its own.
- My Name Is Not Durwood: Bowser and Game Guru
- No Ontological Inertia: One of the few consistent rules of Time Travel.
- Old Shame: Some of the SPs consider this as one of them.
- Original Character: Many in the early seasons, though most of them were either Killed Off for Real or Put on a Bus later.
- Rescue Arc: Odd-numbered seasons.
- Round Robin
- Running Gag: Knight's Manboobs.
- Script Fic: One of the few remaining Script Fics in fact.
- Self-Insert Fic: The SPs.
- Show Within A Fan Fiction
- Shout Out
- Sprite Comic: Match #68
- The Time Traveller's Dilemma: Implied in one of the few Tear Jerkers
- Timey Wimey Ball
- Trivial Pursuit: Most SP departures, though the bios clear up some of them.
- Tournament Arc: Even-numbered seasons.
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity: Pretty much anyone who holds the Triforce of Power goes insane.
New SSS (Season X1-)