They've met gods, fought gods, blew up suns, found Atlantis and a host of other things. Now, SG-1 must face their toughest challenge yet - Equestria.Stargate: Equestria is a crossover fanfic written by Bosstone in which the SG-1 team, after Daniel makes a mistake while dialing Earth, wind up in the cute and colorful lands of Equestria. At the moment it consists of two stories.Stargate Equestria: Connection deals with the team arriving in Equestria, meeting the main cast, Celestia and dealing with some Jaffa, while learning the long forgotten history of Equestria. Told from Jack O'Neill's perspective, who is finding it hard to wrap his head around the place he's wound up in. It is complete.Stargate Equestria: Incursion is set after the events of Connection and is currently unfinished. In it an old enemy mentioned in Connection has returned and SG-1 is leading a mission to liberate the planet.Has it's own intro as well.
Provides Examples Of:
- Continuity Nod: "Undomesticated equines could not remove me."
- Cool Gate: It's a Stargate crossover, so it comes with the territory.
- Deadpan Snarker: Jack O'Neill, naturally.
- Even Evil Has Standards: When Teal'c and O'Neill question the Jaffa pegasi who ponynapped the Cutie Mark Crusaders, he admits to being ready to interrogate them but is offended at the idea that they'd torture them."“We would not have hurt them. We will do what we must to serve our goddess, but we are not needlessly cruel.”
- Interspecies Romance: Almost, anyway, between Jackson and Twilight Sparkle. O'Neill is creeped out to find out that Jackson likes Twilight in that way."If both participants are sapient beings, is it really besti —""Do not finish that sentence, Jackson."
- Lampshade Hanging: Members of SG-1 hang lampshades on the fact that the locals always speak English, there's always some threat and there's always some keeper of ancient knowledge.
- Mildly Military: Gets subverted when O'Neill sends Rainbow Dash and a wingpony off to spy on the Jaffa ponies. When Dash returns, she reveals that she went by herself despite what O'Neill said, at which point he rips Dash a new one and explains why she should have taken a partner.
- Shout-Out: O'Neill references Super Mario in Incursion.
- Remember When You Blew Up a Sun?: Carter's famous action is mentioned in Connection.
- What the Hell, Hero?: O'Neill rips Rainbow Dash a new one for going off alone when he instructed her to take a partner.
- Who's on First?: In Chapter 5, O'Neill wanders Ponyville and meets a certain brown colt with an hourglass cutie mark. O'Neill introduces himself and asks for the pony's name. The answer? "Who." It goes on for a brief time before Fluttershy shows up to save him.
- Unfortunately he's never introduced to Lord Yu.
- Wrong Turn at Albuquerque: O'Neill even name-drops the trope.