Fanfic / Sparkgate Agatha And The Grasp Of The Serpent God
Sparkgate: Agatha and the Grasp of the Serpent God
by Samarkand is a crossover fanfic between Girl Genius
and Stargate SG-1
Agatha Clay's latest accident at Transylvania Polygnostic University sends her a long, long way from home... to a beach island? With SG-1 around, though, things never stay peaceful for long.Needs a Better Description
Compare and contrast his other work, Mare Genius
This contains examples of the following tropes:
- Accidental Pervert: Daniel.
- And I Must Scream: What Rhadamanthys subjects his host, Luis, to - being devoured alive by fire ants that sound like all the girls he's brutally murdered.
- Asshole Victim: Rhadamanthys usually selected criminals who had committed grave sins as his hosts. The host would be mentally tortured for their crimes, both satisfying Rhadamanthys' sense of justice and allowing him to satisfy the sadistic side of his Goa'uld nature discretely.
- Bilingual Dialogue: Between a Repliclank Prime and anyone else.
- Blade Below the Shoulder: The Jaffaclank has a buzzsaw in its forearm.
- But for Me, It Was Tuesday: Hilariously lampshaded.
Agatha shrugged. "Great. So I'm lost in an alternate world, an alien overlord wants me as his Daedelus, and the fate of the Earth depends on my work. No pressure!"
"Definitely Tuesday." Samantha grinned. "Agatha? Believe it or not, this is where it gets fun."
- Caffeine Bullet Time: Like in the comics themselves, Agatha's first reaction to coffee gets very interesting.
- Call Forward: Jacob to Sam: "Did you blow up a planet yet?"
- Celebrity Paradox:
"I've already received spec proposals for ad campaigns," Brian continued, brandishing several folders. "Chiat/Day definitely wants in on this one."
"Why not Phil and Kaja?" Alec said. "I saw some doodles Phil did when I stopped by his booth at Norwescon. They'd fit Agatha's style to a T."
- Fun with Acronyms: Mk II "Military Assault Xenomorph Infantry Mechanism".
- Groin Attack: '"If a Jaffa male strays," Teal'c said grimly, "and comes to his wife with the belief that he may be with her without consequence? He knows that the knife is always hidden somewhere. And Jaffa women are very adept at wielding it."'
- Headdesk: Daniel's first reaction to snaked Jack.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: The general result of the Heterodyne Boys confronting villains.
- I'll Pretend I Didn't Hear That: Teal'c about Agatha planning to suborn the telecommunications grid.
- Missing Steps Plan: The "grand plan of Sparks".
Step One: Epiphany
Step Two: Brilliant invention based on principles forbidden to God and Man
Step Three: ?????
Step Four: SCIENCE! and the groveling of your detractors at your boots.
- Mushroom Samba: Daniel turns into an uber-hippy after drinking coffee from Agatha's coffee engine.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Agatha's reaction after destroying her own locket sinks in, and later, when she learns of what happened in the fallout of her building her jetpack.
- My Little Panzer: Agatha models a Ha'tak converted into an amusement park that retains its firepower.
- Naked People Are Funny: Daniel strips while under the influence of Agatha's coffee - something that other people on the base don't let him live down.
- Neck Lift: Rhadamanthys does this to Agatha.
- Not What It Looks Like: Played for Drama - Kasuf believes that Daniel has given up on Sha're and married Agatha, due to him wearing her trilobite.
- Nice Hat: Teal'c gets one. The Jägers would be proud.
- Oh Crap!:
Ever so slightly, Maybourne paled.
- Painting the Medium: When Agatha gets Sparky, BOLDINFLATION HAPPENS.
- Pay Evil unto Evil: Rhadamanthys chooses hosts who were evil so that he can take out all his inherent sadistic impulses on the host, who ostensibly deserves it, rather than on the innocents around him.
- Rage Against the Heavens: The Spark version of the myth of Icarus features Daedelus stealing the secrets of the gods, storming Olympus, and overthrowing the Greek pantheon. Agatha has a very similar attitude towards the System Lords.
- Rant-Inducing Slight: Daniel has one after he and Agatha land from using her jetpack. Samantha has one seeing the Jaffaclank, and after seeing Agatha's self-reproducing clanks.
- Agatha has a similar one after discovering just why her uncle wanted her to wear her locket.
- Sanity Slippage: Agatha goes through a brief one in chapter eight. Then again, given she's a Spark, one could reasonably argue that her powers are based on sanity slippage.
- Show Within a Show: Parodied with Cassie's comic based on Agatha that also happens to be called Girl Genius.
- Stuff Blowing Up: Agatha manages to vaporize 700 meters of rock and blow a truck-sized hole in three feet of naquadah-laced Ha'Tak armor plating... with a toaster.
- Super-Powered Robot Meter Maids: Alluded to. "C'lack was quite obviously a war-clank, unless one's ideas of mechanical butlers involved assaults on fixed positions. Of course, she had heard a fair few Sparks considered that sort of dual-functionality a necessity."
- Tempting Fate: 'This would be a quiet mission, of course. Lightning couldn't strike three times unlucky.'
- Thanks for the Mammary: Daniel holding onto Agatha when she was using her jetpack.
- Third-Person Person: Rhadamanthys lapses into this.
- Training from Hell: Courtesy of Teal'c.
- Translation Convention: At first, Agatha speaks in mainly German and Daniel has to translate.
- We Can Rule Together: "Ho, he's running the classic 'take you out on the balcony and promising the land's treasures' gambit. He offered me a planet."
- Wrench Whack
- You No Take Candle: Agatha's early attempts at speaking English come out this way.