Ah yes, one of the more famous and ripped off Creepy Pasta
entries. Known for its demented imagery and hyper realism, Squidward's Suicide
is about an intern working for Nickelodeon who is shown what appears to be a normal Spongebob cartoon. Needless to say, it isn't
The story was immensely popular and gained quite a following. Of course, like any successful story, it was imitated....a lot...to the point where some ceepypasta wikis banned lost episode pastas from being posted.
To this day, the original story is still highly regarded as a creepypasta classic though it has been cheapened by its knockoffs to a degree.
This story contains Hyper Realistic examples of:
- Anonymous Author: No one has been able to find the OP of this famous tale. Which makes it creepier.
- Ascended Meme: There's a rumor that the modern spongebob writers wrote the episode Are You Happy Now as a nod to this pasta. Considering that one of the writers, Casey Alexander actually knows about it, that is a distinct possibility.
- Bowdlerization: The most common version seen on the web actually omits two curse words that was in the original version. (It's shit and hell for those who are curious.)
- Eye Scream: Bloody eyes, gouged eyes, etc.
- Gorn: One of the first lost episode pastas to do so.
- Karma Houdini: Naturally, the perpetrator wasn't caught.
- Maybe Magic, Maybe Mundane: The story never exactly makes it clear whether or not the episode is of supernatural origin.
- MST: BAD CREEPYPASTA has done an MST reading of the creepypasta in their usual cynical and negative style, along with an English teacher to witness the story and a counter for the tense swaps that occurs.
- OOC Is Serious Business: The first thing the narrator finds off about this cartoon is when Spongebob is booing at Squidward's performance, something he'd never normally do.
- Subverted Kids Show: An infamous example.
- The Un Reveal: Who took those pictures? Who made the animation? Whose sick idea was this?! Never explained.