Fanfic: Superstars, Sponges, Cephalapods and Squirrels
Superstars, Sponges, Cephalapods and Squirrels, or commonly known as SSSCS, is a Spongebob Squarepants fanfic written by Maximagination Studios about Patrick, Spongebob, Squidward, and Sandy as 16-20 year-olds in a band. The story seems to be Maximagination's main project, as shown by his profile. The writer currently put this (and his other fanfics) on hold.The story can be found here. Rated T for certain stuff.
Superstars, Sponges, Cephalapods and Squirrels provides examples of the following tropes:
- Avoid The Dreaded K Rating: The story is pretty K, or even K+ (AKA fanfiction.net's rating system) at times since crap is used constantly, but some moments really stick out. For example, Sandy getting a DUI at age 16 (not to mention she smokes), and the death of Stingrayman Hev.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Patrick seems to have read their fanfic on some occasions. How else would Superstar, Sponges, Cephalapods, and Squirrels have gotten their name, or how they would have had a fourth bandmate?
- On another occasion, Squidward mentions he has a disorder that makes him have flashbacks a lot, so the author should stop bringing them up. The author agrees weirdly, and says he needs to order another fourth wall.
- Christmas Episode: "Merry?" This was the season 1 finale. It was supposed to release in June 2012, but due to difficulties writing the chapter, it was pushed back.
- Crossover: Merry? was going to have SSSCS get a call to play in Gabbaland from Yo Gabba Gabba! to play a gig for six.. er... five organisms and a robot. Their performance would be in other fanfic Mufa.
- Five-Man Band: Invoked commonly, except there isn't much of a leader. In order of their names based on the title
- Drowning My Sorrows: Sandy (16 year old Sandy!) does this on The Show: Part 2. After five bottles, this will not turn out well.
- Drunk Driver: Sandy, as mentioned above. Surprisingly, the bail wasn't that bad, considering what had happened.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: From "New Gigs". Here, Sandy is thinking about having a gig.:Sandy: Um… Something… um… fun… with a bunch of people…Spongebob: NO! I'm only 18!Sandy: NO! NOT THAT!
Squidward: Looks like someone just became G&B!
- Not to mention Sandy and Spongebob waking up right next to eachother in "RR's Note". NOTHING happened, but still.
- One of Us: Maximagination is a frequent here.
- Show With In A Show: This show is one itself. In Time Of Our Lives, they mention the episode "Showtime!".
- The Bikini Bottom News. SSSCS watched it because The night before, in the episode "Showtime!" Sandy and Spongebob pass out due to RR poisoning them. They then learned the club closed and Stingrayman Hev SHUNNED! them.
- The Couch: Squidward's futon is starting to become more of a common place later in the series.
- The Rival: RR, Sandy's former band partner and boyfriend. He apparently killed Stingrayman Hev, poisoned people, and sent death threats to Sandy and Spongebob.
- What Could Have Been: Spongebob, Patrick, and Squidward were going to have met Sandy in jail after getting into legal trouble involving a boat. This plan was scrapped.