Fan Fic: On The Way To Greatness
On the Way to Greatness is an Alternate Universe Harry Potter fanfic by mira mirth where Harry was sorted into Slytherin.
- Anti-Hero: Having to deal with the hostility and power struggle among the Slytherins, Harry becomes a more ruthless, manipulative, distrusting and immoral character than he was in the canon.
- Badass Bookworm: To establish his power in his largely hostile House, Harry forced himself to study and learns more spells than most people his age would, making him both very knowledgeable about magic, and skilled in using spells that are unknown to many of the students.
- Darker and Edgier: Obviously darker than the books, as Harry being a Slytherin gives him a very cynical outlook.
- Deadpan Snarker: With our protagonist being sorted into the House that values cleverness, it should come as no surprise that he develops a tendency for this. Blaise and Millie apply as well.
- For Want of a Nail: The whole premise is that Harry got sorted into Sytherin.
- The Friends Who Never Hang: Harry befirends Millicent and Blaise from his own house, but also have close ties with Cedric Diggory, a couple of Ravenclaws from his Arithmancy class, and a few Gryffindors (i.e. Hermione, Neville and the Weasly twins). He's pretty much the only connecting element that ties the groups from differing houses, and without him, the groups' interactions tend to be more hostile (especially between the Slytherins and Gryffindors).
- Not So Different: Aside from the usual parallels in canon, this Harry is much less reluctant to use the Dark Arts, to the point where some of the Death Eaters see him as this.
- Power Trio: Harry, Blaise Zabini and Millicent Bulstrode form this in Slytherin.