Most. Adorable. Vampire. Ever.
Fluttershy is a vampire and has been for years. Twilight Sparkle is apparently the only pony in Ponyville who didn’t know that.Nosflutteratu
is a My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
fan fiction written by Charcoal Quill
This Fanfic contains examples of:
- A Friend in Need: On the rare occasion that Fluttershy needs fresh blood, Rainbow Dash provides it.
- Rarity keeps a suitcase full of native soil in case Fluttershy travels outside of Equestria.
- Twilight, once she realizes Fluttershy’s in danger.
- Actually Not a Vampire: It’s news to Pinkie that Twilight isn’t a vampire. Like everypony else she knew about Fluttershy.
- The Bartender: Pinkie is trying out a “sympathetic bartender” persona for some reason.
- Blatant Lies: Why is Garlic Flank Stake armed to the teeth with anti-vampire weaponry? Comic book convention.
- Close-Knit Community: How does a vampire survive, even thrive, for years without killing anypony? Ponyville’s annual blood drive is very successful.
- Friendly Neighborhood Vampire: Fluttershy.
- Genre Savvy: Spike knows that if nothing exciting has happened this week then it soon will.
- He Who Fights Monsters: Garlic Flank Stake appears to play this straight at first - but ultimately averts it. She even says that she's in it to protect innocent ponies, not because of hatred.
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: Being a bloodsucking creature of the night can’t stop Fluttershy from being Fluttershy.
- Innocently Insensitive: Twilight talking about how good the sunlight feels in front of Fluttershy.
- Kiss of the Vampire: According to Dash, it feels pretty good.
- Laser-Guided Karma: The vampire who attacked and turned Fluttershy got ashed by Garlic Flank Stake that same night.
- Lonely Funeral: Rarity describes Fluttershy’s funeral this way. Though her account may not be completely reliable.
- Mama Bear: Dash reacts… poorly to Twilight’s anti-vampire research.
- Nightmare Sequence: Twilight’s research brings on one of these.
- Noodle Incident: Three are mentioned. One involving Pinkie and a pipe organ, one before that where Twilight and Lyra went on a wild goose chase looking for a nuckelavee, and another before that where Rarity got into a big hoof-fight with Dash. Twilight still has no idea where the giant custard vat came from.
- No Sense of Direction: Garlic.
- Our Vampires Are Different:
- Unlike most modern vampires Fluttershy doesn't burst into flames in sunlight. Sunlight does weaken her however.
- Garlic repels her.
- The mirror thing is a myth, as it the tale that vampires don't have shadows.
- She can turn into a bat, but not when the sun is out.
- Vampires are vulnerable to solar water, springwater enchanted to hold the energy of the midday sun, which cuts through their flesh like acid.
- Plot Driving Secret: If Twilight knew what everypony else does we’d have no story.
- Shipping Goggles: In universe, Rarity assumes Twilight and Fluttershy sharing lunch, followed by Twilight’s purchase of a hat for Fluttershy, equals them dating. She blames it on the romance novels she's been reading lately.
- Shout-Out: To Dracula: “I don’t drink… wine.”
- Sliding Scale of Vampire Friendliness: Played with, everything Twilight reads about the rules of vampirism say Fluttershy can’t be a vampire without killing someone. Fluttershy proves them wrong.
- Super OCD: Pinkie drops the trope name when mentioning Twilight's episodes.
- Tempting Fate: Really Twilight should know better than to say “it’s a quiet day” and “what could possibly go wrong?” by now.
- Van Helsing Hate Crimes: Twilight takes a while to come to terms with the fact that Fluttershy is a vampire. Rainbow Dash even calls her "Van Horsing" during their argument. Garlic Flank Stake also acts like this, apparently believing that if a vampire hasn't started killing ponies, they will soon, but she immediately relents once she finds out that the vampire is Fluttershy.
- Vegetarian Vampire: It’s Fluttershy, what did Twilight expect?
- Weakened by the Light: It doesn't hurt Fluttershy, but it does weaken her. She also can't turn into a bat while in sunlight.
- You Didn't Ask: “I thought you knew.”