Die For Our Ship / Card Captor Sakura
"Every time a rabid fangirl bashes Meiling-chan or Syaoran-kun, a Kero-chan dies. Please think of the Kero-chans!" ~ Love, Sakura.
- Li Xiao-lang (Li Syaoran), Cardcaptor Sakura, a male canon love interest in a series with a large Girls Love fandom. He was doomed from the start. He's not a particularly ornery guy and has a positive following at least as much as a negative one... but that still doesn't save the boy from being called "gaki" ("brat", Touya's nickname for him) by his haters since they loathe him to the degree of not even wanting to use Syaoran's name, having his and Sakura's hook-up described as an "evil heterosexual conspiracy forged by CLAMP and destined to screw up with the yuri" (Yes, CLAMP. Really!), or having rabid yuri fans twist him into a horrible abuser in order to pair a whiny, wussified, victimized Sakura who "forgets" that she can whip Syaoran's ass with the Sakura cards if he mistreats her, with an ultra saintly and perfect Tomoyo who's been twisted into a Possession Sue. Or claiming Sakura was "forced" to hook up with Syaoran by everyone "pushing her in his direction and making the decision for her", despite how despite her naivete Sakura isn't exactly a pushover and made the biggest decisions on her very own. They also ignore the fact that Tomoyo herself is the one who encourages Syaoran to tell Sakura his feelings.
- Sakura herself has been bashed by a few fans for picking Syaoran instead of Tomoyo and being oblivious to the latter's more-than-friendly affections. It overlooks how Sakura is her own person and, even if she noticed Tomoyo's feelings, she would never be obligated to return them if she didn't want to.
- Kaho Mizuki, Eriol's canon love interest, is hated by two groups of shippers: Eriol/Tomoyo fans, and a smaller group of Touya/Yukito fans. Mizuki's romantic history with Touya occurs well before the story; in the story, Kaho is very supportive of Touya's new relationship. There's also a Hot for Student aspect to her relationship with Eriol that squicks people who forget or deliberately ignore both Eriol's true age and that she never was his teacher. In Eriol/Tomoyo fic, her only role is usually to leave Eriol without warning and never return, based on how her relationship with Touya ended, even though in canon she did reunite with Touya and become friends as she said she would when she first left.
- Even after Clingy Jealous Girl Meiling broke off her engagement to her Unlucky Childhood Friend Syaoran willingly and came to care for Sakura (which she tells Tomoyo right after she gives up her Childhood Marriage Promise), she's still demonized by rabid Sakura/Syaoran shippers. This is silly because Sakura and Syaoran are an Official Couple and Meiling comes to support it. She was an anime only character designed to be an antagonist to their relationship, which would normally make the hate understandable; but, aside from failing to notice when she let the fella go, the Fan Dumb flanderized it to death and often portrayed Meiling as a self-absorbed Jerk Ass rather than the bratty but good-hearted rival she truly was, even saying that she would deliberately attack and hurt Sakura out of romantic jealousy. In canon, the worst thing Meiling ever did to Sakura was kicking her and Tomoyo out of Shaoran's apartment; and she still showed genuine care for Sakura and worry for her well being, even back when they were rivals.
- There's also the bashing of Nakuru Akizuki from rabid Touya/Yukito fans... fans of an Official Couple. Nakuru did start out mostly seeking Touya's power to get rid of Yue and weaken Sakura's offensive entourage, giving Touya/Yukito fans a legitimate reason to dislike her... but she became Just Friends (or Vitriolic Best Buds, from Touya's POV) to both of them after Touya and Yukito's Relationship Upgrade.
- It reaches downright disturbing degrees when the Nakuru haters start remarking on Nakuru being actually a genderless magical being who chooses to identify as female due to liking girlish things/outfits/etc. better to make her less "worthy" of Touya's affections. It's creepy because it's easy to see that they hate her so much that want to make her look less like an at least seemingly-human person with her own will/thoughts/etc. ... and more like a "thing" without any personality or will just to favor Touya/Yukito! "Un-personing" someone like that for no reason other than DFOS is EW.
- Yukito sometimes gets bashed by Touya het-shippers. They call him a boring, shallow, too-perfect Mary Sue who is completely superfluous to the plot and say he could have been killed off or merged with Yue after the first arc with no complications.
- While Sonomi does canonically resent Fujitaka's marrying her beloved cousin Nadeshiko, the man's been called an "evil bastard" for "ruining Sonomi's life" — even though he's canonically portrayed as a good man and a wonderful father who loved his wife and loves his kids very much. (Or how Nadeshiko didn't owe Sonomi any romance and willingly chose Fujitaka, even facing disownment from her family.)
- Be careful mentioning Yuuko Ichihara around Clow/Yue shippers. Really careful. In fact, it might be best to avoid all mentions of Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle and ''×××HOLiC at all. Or Mokona's.
- Akiho was introduced as the New Transfer Student in the Clear Card arc and was immediately met with comments such as "that bitch better not steal Sakura's man" in just one panel.