It's time for the second TV Tropes Halloween Avatar Contest, theme: cute monsters! Details and voting here.
In the vein of Gotham Central
, the general concept is SWAT Kats meeting The Wire
, as written by an anarcho-capitalist
Created by Octane
. Working title.
- Anti-Villain: Most of the antagonists.
- As Long as There Is Evil: Not evil, per se, but compulsory monopoly.
- Author Tract: Not subtle. At all.
- Bad Cop/Incompetent Cop
- The City
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Implied, eventually, probably.
- Crapsack World
- Create Your Own Villain: A big theme.
- Crime and Punishment Series
- Cyber Punk: In technological 'level' (yes I realise that is ridiculous).
- Damn It Feels Good to Be a Gangster: Not often. In fact, probably not ever.
- Dark Fic
- Diesel Punk (dystopia/deco): In aesthetic and theme.
- Downer Ending: There's really no way it can end positively.
- Fantastic Racism: Double-subverted; the cast is composed of variegated species, which should produce rampant racism—but doesn't. However, there is always an undercurrent of racial tension and "feline guilt".
- G-Rated Drug: Catnip (nepetalactone) and valerian (actinidine) exist as drugs (equivalent to perhaps marijuana or khat), but heroin and cocaine are the drugs of choice.
- The Government
- Inherent in the System: Tyranny.
- The Mafia
- The Mafiya
- Meaningful Name: Dunshaud is always grey—or feels that way, anyway.
- Our Founder: Leonard Giles, 1st Baron Dunshaud.
- Police Brutality
- Political Drama
- Shout-Out: To The Wire (of course) and WarGames. And maybe a few others; we'll see.
- Sliding Scale of Idealism Versus Cynicism: Hard on the cynicism.
- Utopia Justifies the Means: With various means and utopias.
- Vigilante Man
- Villain with Good Publicity
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: The politicians, police, vigilantes, etc. Few actually think they're being extremists, however—it just kind of builds.
- Where The Hell Is Springfield?: Dunshaud is somewhere in Massachusetts. Or maybe Connecticut. Or Maine. Who really knows? It might not even be a part of this planet. I don't intend to get into it, in any case.