Darth Wiki: A Post War Fairytale
An unpublished work by Albius Argentum.It takes place shortly after the conclusion of a terrible war against elves, when the prince of Britlaeond goes mysteriously missing. A Carpenter is walking along the beach, when he comes across a despondent walrus, who turns out to be the missing prince, kidnapped and transformed by a group of terrorist elves. The Prince and Carpenter immediately decide to go on a quest to regain the prince's humanity, and are joined by a Young Wiseman, a Sea Prince, the Son of Another Carpenter and the Carpenter's shadow, brought to life by a Tome of Eldritch Lore.Even though she is not done with the original, she has already started writing a sequel starring the Carpenter's grandson.
This story provides examples of:
- Anachronism Stew: The Carpenter has a camera phone because he can travel to Alternate Universes.
- Aside Glance: The Carpenter. All the time.
- Back from the Dead: The Son of Another Carpenter, exactly seventy-two hours after his death.
- Black Magic: The Carpenter prefers to screw around with this instead of "carpentering."
- Even the Guys Want Him: The Prince
- Everyone Calls Him Barkeep: Everyone except for the Sea Prince, who's name is Salus Trigintaseptimus.
- Fantastic Racism: The Carpenter briefly talks about elves and their "filthy elven ways."
- Fantasy Counterpart Culture: Britlaeond
- Five-Man Band:
- Mind Screw: The Carpenter hits his head on the moon. Twice. Without leaving the ground.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed
- Schizo Tech: The Carpenter claims to have built a Clock Punk laser beam, and the predominant type of technology is Magitek Steam Punk.
- Shadow Spouse: The Carpenter marries his shadow.
- Shout-Out: On their journey they meet a fisherman. His name is Pedro.
- Vague Age: Just about everyone.
- Unexplained Recovery: The Carpenter insists that the Son of Another Carpenter will recover from being turned into a unicorn. He does, strangely enough.
- The Voiceless: The Carpenter's Shadow
The sequel provides examples of:
- Author Avatar: Joanna
- Because Destiny Says So
- Fantastic Racism: Yes, again. This time against Taetroids.
- Generation Xerox: Geoff and William to the Carpenter and the Prince. Geoff isn't particularly happy about this and tries to refuse the call and Screw Destiny.
- Large Ham: The Prince of Mars
- Salt and Pepper
- Too Dumbto Live: The Prince of Mars alerts Geoff to The Call, and transports him to another universe, then forgets to tell him what he's supposed to do, leaving him to wander an unknown landscape for several weeks.