Creator: Kevin Conroy
"I am vengeance. I am the night. I. Am. Batman!"Kevin Conroy is an American actor. Born in the 1950s and becoming a professional actor in the 1970s, Conroy has performed in numerous productions over the years, particularly in theatre.Then he became the goddamn Batman.Beginning with Batman: The Animated Series, Conroy lent his voice to the iconic character and hasn't looked back since. His performances as Batman are often lauded, especially the manner in which he is able to vocally portray Batman and Bruce Wayne as two different people. He would continue to play the role of the Dark Knight every time he appeared in the DC Animated Universe, a continuity which includes Superman: The Animated Series, Batman Beyond, Justice League as well as numerous Batman related games. Conroy reprises his role in Batman: Gotham Knight, Superman/Batman: Public Enemies, Superman/Batman: Apocalypse, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Batman: Arkham City, Justice League: Doom, Injustice: Gods Among Us and Batman: Assault on Arkham. Though he did not reprise his role as Batman in Arkham Asylum's prequel Batman: Arkham Originsnote , he did return for Arkham City's sequel, Batman: Arkham Knight.To date, he has portrayed Batman more than any other actor, voice or live-action, to have assumed the role note .Some of his other roles include Captain Sunshine on The Venture Bros., and various characters from both Max Payne and Jak and Daxter.
"I am vengeance, I am the tropes, I AM BATMAN! !!!
- Badass Baritone: The reason why he's so revered as Batman
- Cluster F-Bomb: Has a rather colorful vocabulary in real life.
- Cultured Badass / Real Men Wear Pink: Loves Shakespearian theatre and compared Batman to Hamlet.
- It is where he got his start.
- I Am Not Spock: Inverted. Conroy loves being Batman and doesn't mind the typecast.
- Ink-Suit Actor: Had Conroy discovered Batman twelve years earlier, all he had to do was dye his hair black and he could've played a Live-Action Batman.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: Conroy is much nicer and laid-back than the character that he is known for.
- Older Than They Look: Turns 60 in November 2015 and looks pretty good for his age.
- Raised Catholic: Attended Catholic School for several years, though it's unknown if he still practices.
- Vocal Evolution: Batman stared off with a deep, growling voice while Bruce Wayne had a higher, more playful voice. From The New Batman Adventures onwards, Conroy made his Batman voice higher, without the growl and spoke in that same tone as Bruce Wayne. It wasn't entirely his decision though.
- He did return to his original Batman voice once for Harley Quinn's Revenge.
- He mentions in I Know That Voice that he was fairly new to voice acting when first taking on Batman and he performed that voice not knowing how difficult it would be on his vocal chords. So he had to figure out a way to emulate the same effect without injuring himself.