Emily Jordan Osment
(born March 10, 1992) is an American teen actress and singer-songwriter. She is best known as Lilly Truscott on the Disney Channel Kid Com Hannah Montana
. She is also the younger sister of actor Haley Joel Osment
Emily expanded her repertoire into pop music
and more recently alternative/indie rock
where she has recorded teen pop hits like "I Don't Think About It", "If I Didn't Have You" alongside her Hannah Montana
co-star Mitchel Musso, and "Once Upon a Dream". Her debut album, Fight or Flight
, was released on October 5, 2010 via Wind-up Records.
- Spy Kids 2: The Island of Lost Dreams (2002) — Gerti Giggles
- Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over (2003) — Gerti Giggles
- Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch (2005) — Additional voices
- Hannah Montana (TV Series) (2006-2011) — Lilly Truscott
- The Haunting Hour Volume One: Don't Think About It (2007) — Cassie Keller
- Soccer Mom (2008) — Becca
- Dadnapped (2009) — Melissa Morris
- Hannah Montana: The Movie (2009) — Lilly Truscott
- Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil (2010) — Kendall Perkins
- Cyberbully (2011) — Taylor Hillridge
- Kiss Me (2013) — Shelby
- Cleaners (2013-14) — Roxie
- Seasick Sailor (Short Film) (2013) — Beck
- Young & Hungry (2014) — Gabi Diamond
- A Daughter's Nightmare (2014) — Ariel
- No Way Jose (2014) — Summer
- Love Is All You Need (2014) — Karen
- Rainbow Brite (2014) — Rainbow Brite
- All The Right Wrongs [EP] (2009)
- Fight or Flight (2010)
Tropes she exhibits
- Adorkable: As Lilly Truscott.
- Cut Song: A title song for "Fight Or Flight" was performed on her All The Right Wrongs and Clap Your Hands tours, but it did not make the final tracklisting.
- Deadpan Snarker: Can be this way, along with Self-Deprecation, especially on Twitter at times, with a unique brand of dry humor. Also fulfills the Snarker role on Hannah Montana.
- Early Installment Weirdness: Listen to the early, innocuous teen pop of "I Don't Think About It" or "Hero In Me" and compare it with the likes of "Marisol", "Drift" or her Fight Or Flight album.
- Follow Your Heart: Marisol.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Lovesick...just...Lovesick. Listen close to the lyrics...
- "Let's Be Friends" ("...so we can make out"), too, though it plays as tongue-in-cheek.
- Girlish Pigtails: As Gerti Giggles.
- Gratuitous Panning: Double Talk.
- The ambient electric piano in "Drift" pans from speaker to speaker.
- Line-of-Sight Name: "Marisol", named after a street sign Emily read while on a walk.
- Meganekko: She isn't known for wearing glasses, but at least in this photo, she definitely can count as this.
- New Sound Album: Her EP All The Right Wrongs has a pop-rock sound, while Fight Or Flight has a synth-pop/dubstep/electronica feel.
- Her Twitter postings seem to hint that her new music might take on a more folksy/acoustic bent, possibly with fiddle parts. Word of God mentions "less techno, more authentic", and she's posed the question of whether she might make an album "showing her Southern roots" (her parents hailed from Alabama).
- She has taken the folk style to her new college-based band, Ramshackle, performing and producing YouTube videos with a spartan vocals/acoustic guitar/fiddle/percussion lineup.
- Precision D-Strike: "I Hate The Homecoming Queen" and "Found Out About You" from All The Right Wrongs feature the word "damn".
- Self-Deprecation: Her Twitter posts often have a self-deprecating sense of humor about her 5'2'' height, "hipster" Indie Rock musical influences and fascinations with pandas and Canada, where she often tours.
- She's Got Legs: Very much◊ so◊.
- Spiritual Successor: Sierra McCormick and Peyton R. List can be seen as these.
- Word Salad Lyrics: Many of the songs on her Fight Or Flight album have cryptic, poetic lyrics. "Drift" is another good example.