Creator / EZ Rider
is a Toku
reviewer on Reviewtopia
. His show is called Toku Time. He covers Super Sentai
, Kamen Rider
, Power Rangers
, Ultra Series
and others. He also has a separate series called "What the Faiz of The Week" where he looks at bizarre, odd, strange, weird stuff or anything that would seem out of place with toku movies and shows. He is also a host of the Ranger Recap podcast along with Matty Jay and The Shades, where they riff the latest episode of the current incarnation of the Power Rangers
is also a part of Toku Riffs Live, a show where EZ along with Matty Jay, The Shades, and Spade Ace riff the latest episodes in the Super Sentai
and Kamen Rider
franchises while also riffing the newest episodes in the Ultra Series
as well as classic shows from Kamen Rider
and Super Sentai
You can find him here
This show provides examples of:
- Ancient Artifact
- His Kamen Rider Belt (Fits the trope more as he finds it in a chest and it belonged to his brother.)
- His Quantum Gun and his Leon Laser.
- His Morphers
- Anger Born of Worry: Right after Rage Rider came Back from the Dead, EZ punches him out and calls him out for a few things.
- Big Bad: Mr. Chairman, The Chairman of the Vanity Alliance.
- Big Damn Heroes: A lot of people in Moonrise Part 4.
- Rage Rider does this job the most, defusing all the bombs while Shadow Moon was distracted by EZ's review of Masked Rider and healing EZ who took a stab in the back.
- Mostly everyone on Reviewtopia, who fought most of the Wraiths in the city.
- Apollo Z. Hack, who gave EZ a DecaDriver and a Kamen Rider J card during a fight with a giant Shadow Moon
- Crossover: With Apollo Z. Hack.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Attempted by EZ when he sees a bath scene in Dekaranger's movie, but the movie cockblocked him.
- Deus ex Machina: Lampshaded by EZ in Moonrise Part 4 when he asks where the last minute Deus Ex Machina is. Cue a delivery man giving him that very thing he needs.
- Disney Death: Rage Rider. Granted, he did die, but he came back to life.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Gaia Memory usage is played Up to Eleven and works more like a drug and is treated as such in-universe, while being possessed by another Imagin is played up like it was cheating. These are Played for Laughs though, save for the Gaia Memory.
- The Dragon: Shadow Moon up until Moonrise Part 4. After his death, he's replaced by Wolzard.
- Expy: Both Rage Rider and Suave Rider draw influences from Momotaros and Urataros respectively. Suave Rider even lampshades this when he sees just how low Urataros sunk in the Imagin Anime.
- G-Rated Drug: The Energy Memory. Now, while all the Gaia Memories are G Rated Drugs in their original show, The Energy Memory takes this straighter than even how Kamen Rider Fourze portrays the G-Rated Drugs, as it makes EZ downright high while giving him an energy boost after using it in his review Godzilla vs. Megalon.
- It does not help that Smoke on the Water is playing in the background when he does so.
- It starts to get treated more of a drug than a simple Transformation Trinket now, complete with addiction, Rage Rider calling him out for using the drugs, and EZ quitting it cold turkey.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Rage Rider heals up EZ Rider right before being killed by Shadow Moon.
- I Was Told There Would Be Cake: Both Rage and Suave Rider are more interested in the cake than in the Dekaranger movie review, even when EZ and his Evil Twin switch spots every now and then.
- Just Here for Godzilla: Oddly enough averted in his two Godzilla reviews, where he gives credit where it's due to the other characters. Invoked, however, in his Zyuranger review where he knows that his viewers only want to hear him talk about Burai.
- Mooks: Wraiths.
- Name's the Same: Invoked in the Dekaranger vs Abaranger review.
- Older Than They Look: Despite his short stature and boyish looks, EZ's currently in his 30's.
- Real Men Wear Pink: EZ reveals in his Toonami Tribute video that his favorite show on the block is Sailor Moon.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Rage Rider's red, Suave Rider's blue.
- Running Gag: A few, including:
- "Because toy sales will go through the roof!"
- A clip of Moltar saying, "We're just making all this @!&^ up!! Oh what, you're the only one that gets to make $*#* up?" whenever the show just throws it's hands and says "I don't give a crap".
- "Isn't it all POINTLESS!?" whenever a They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot comes up.
- A clip of Yuuto calling Deneb an idiot whenever something stupid comes up.
- And then there's a clip when that proves to be weak. The Super-baka clip, where three of the Den-O characters bap Deneb and call him an idiot at the same time.
- The J-Hero Justice System gets pulled up whenever the authority attacks the resident hero or put him in jail.
- "No Morphs Allowed" (ala "No Dogs Allowed") whenever anyone demorphs after taking tons of damage.
- "Rider Fail" (ala "RIDER [insert finisher here]") happens whenever a Kamen Rider gets his ass handed to.
- Shout-Out: In Moonrise Part 3, Hidari Shotaro (as portrayed by EZ) comes and gives him both the Skull Memory and Skull Magnum the exact same way his mentor gave him the Lost Driver in Double's Movie. Lampshaded by EZ.
- The scene in Moonrise Part 4 where EZ gains the power to transform into Black RX is similar to Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger's "unlocking the greater power" moment.
- In that same video, The Big Bad kills The Dragon due to him failing one too many times then hires a new one, who remarks that Shadow Moon was a fool and that he will do better. This is reminiscent of the first season of Sailor Moon, where Jedite falls (in the exact same way) and Queen Beryl hires Nephrite to succeed where Jedite failed.
- Something Only They Would Say: Inverted. Rage could tell that EZ is not himself because he called the Dekaranger ending his favorite song, when he previously stated he hated it.
- The Stinger: In Moonrise Part 4, Mr. Chairman hires a new soldier after Shadow Moon failed him for the last time, and it's Wolzard.
- Stock Footage: EZ uses footage from Kamen Rider Black for most of Shadow Moon's moments. Lampshaded during Moonrise Part 4 when EZ mentioned that he uses Stock Footage and Shadow Moon turns around, asking him "...What Stock Footage?"
- Also in Moonrise Part 4, footage from Kamen Rider Black RX and Kamen Rider World are also used. After Shadow Moon is killed, Wolzard takes his place.
- Third Time's the Charm: Around the third Christmas Special, EZ Rider gets another gift from Santa at the end of the review. He knows that it's gonna suck and asks Rage to burn it. Rage Rider lampshades the trope and to EZ's surprise, it is the charm.
- Transformation Trinket: As listed above, he uses several from various Toku shows.
- Twin Switch: EZ and his Evil Twin keep switching places during the Dekaranger movie review.
- You Have Failed Me: Mr. Chairman executes Shadow Moon after failing to beat EZ for the last time.
- Video Review Show