Film: Kamen Rider J
Kamen Rider J was a 1994 movie installment in the long-running Kamen Rider series.Kouji Segawa is a reporter whose little friend, Kana, is carried off by the monstrous children of the alien Fog Mother to feed to her newly-hatched offspring. Kouji is given the mystical "J Power" to become Kamen Rider J and defeat Fog Mother before she can destroy mankind.Footage from the movie was used in several episodes of Saban's Masked Rider, with J appearing only in faraway shots to hide how little he looked like Kamen Rider Black RX.J would appear in several later Kamen Rider movies, with the cameos being more minor as the years go on.
- Kamen Rider World (1994) - 3-D Movie crossover with Kamen Rider ZO
- Kamen Rider Decade: All Riders vs. Dai-Shocker (2009)
- Kamen Rider Decade: The Last Story (2009)
- OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders (2011)
- Kamen Rider × Super Sentai: Super Hero Taisen (2012)
- Heisei Rider Vs Showa Rider Kamen Rider Wars Featuring Super Sentai (2014)
- Super Hero Taisen GP Kamen Rider 3 (2015)
Kamen Rider J provides examples of:
- Badass Biker: Kamen Rider, duh!
- Crossover: With Kamen Rider ZO in the 8-minute short Kamen Rider World. Guest-starring monsters from several Kamen Rider installments and Shadow Moon.
- Eldritch Abomination: The Fog Mother is a giantic cybernetic doomsday monster whose sole purpose for existing is to feed civilizations to her monster offspring. And that's even mentioning her true form.
- Flanderization: In later appearances J's ability to grow is the only thing about him that factors in at all.
- Good Hurts Evil: The Fog Mother feels intense pain when J is first given his powers.
- Green Aesop: It appears here and there, though the Fog Mother's plan doesn't revolve around it.
- Make My Monster Grow: A heroic example where J does this to himself to defeat the giant Fog Mother.
- Mama Bear: Fog Mother is actually quite ticked off when J kills her babies and tries to take him down with her as she's dying because of it.
- Nature Spirit: A group of weird plant people who bring Kouji back to life as Kamen Rider J and task him with destroying the Fog Mother and her evil spawn, they state they're spirits of the Earth.
- Shout-Out: Kamen Rider J's name is a reference to the Japanese Pro Soccer League, better known as "J-League", which was founded a couple of years before the movie premiered.
- Square/Cube Law: When J assumes his Jumbo Formation, not only does he move much slower than before, but the ground actually does collapse under his weight.
- Taking You with Me: After being mortally wounded by J, Fog Mother tries to take J with her.
- Technicolor Death: Oddly averted for the first three monsters, who simply die...but more than made up for with Fog Mother who goes out in multiple giant explosions.
- Terrible Trio: Agito, Zuu and Garai.
- Touch of the Monster: Kana passes out the instant she's carried off by Zuu, and spends nearly the entire film unconscious.
- The Worf Effect: Later appearances of J have him in giant form all the time - only to lose to something even more powerful. In Kamen Rider Taisen he's downed in the Cold Open!